Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Malcoms falmilys 2nd name in maclom in the middle

Options
  • 21-12-2004 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well what is it has it ever been mmentioned i cant remember

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

I believe it is Wilkerson (Although that may need a spelling correction)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

From imdb.com:

The last name of the family has never been revealed on the show, but several sources have reported that it is Wilkerson. This is the result of a joke that appeared in the original pilot script. In that script, Malcolm was walking to school when a neighborhood kid came running up shouting, "Malcolm, Malcolm, Malcolm. I was talking to my parents last night - I was listening to them talk, and what's your last name?" "Wilkerson, why?" Malcolm replied. "Oh. Who are the Pariahs?" said the other kid. The joke was eventually cut, and the show's writers subsequently decided never to reveal the family's last name so as not to designate the family as being of a specific ethnicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

it's meant to be a little in joke. Like they went the entire however many series without revealing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

like in the simpsons, how they'd never reveal in what state springfield is in, even though they eventually sold out and revealed the answer(and no i cant remember the answer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ohio...

But they said it like:

742 evergreen terrace,
    Springfield,
    OHIa Maude!

But most people had figured it out. like the way the guy on the train in the episode with mr burns's son said "it's a bit of a mystery I know, but if you look all the clues are there...."

There's a shelbyville beside the Sprinfield in Ohio afaik

It's so sad I know this stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Thanks fior the replys my brain can now rest in pease

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

User45701 wrote:
    Thanks fior the replys my brain can now rest in pease

I dont think your heads at "pease" just yet! ;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The joke was eventually cut, and the show's writers subsequently decided never to reveal the family's last name so as not to designate the family as being of a specific ethnicity.

Lois' father and mother are from Germany, and that is very well designated. And I know I know, Lois' father may not be her father, but she still grew up with him.
    And I am just guessing here, but I think (but I could be wrong) that their ethnicity comes from europe. But being americans they prob would like to know which european country hal's family comes from. (They're American Muck)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Elmo wrote:
    Lois' father and mother are from Germany
    Poland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yeah its Poland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

SteveD wrote:
    Ohio...

But they said it like:

742 evergreen terrace,
    Springfield,
    OHIa Maude!

Surely that was a joke, making you think we finally found out but she was justing saying hi. I don't think they've ever said it but in the new crop of **** they might have said it to spice up another episode featuring..lets say..the NEWLYWEDS......with hilarious results.

Anyway Im sure if you pieced all the clues together they would totally contradict themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

good evening, sangre.

SteveD wrote:
    There's a shelbyville beside the Sprinfield in Ohio afaik

There are a few Springfield's in Ireland, I wonder are there any Shelbyville's in the back arse of this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

For the simpsons debate lisa said in one episode that they lived in North Dakota but they cant live anywhere real as has been mentioned in the commentaries on the dvd. Think about it, they live within a days drive of Las vegas, they live on the coast (west if the vegas thing is to be believed) it snows, and there are numerous other discrepencies involved in the location of the state

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

jonnybadd wrote:
    For the simpsons debate lisa said in one episode that they lived in North Dakota but they cant live anywhere real as has been mentioned in the commentaries on the dvd. Think about it, they live within a days drive of Las vegas, they live on the coast (west if the vegas thing is to be believed) it snows, and there are numerous other discrepencies involved in the location of the state

/me whispers "it's a cartoon", then sits and laments on its demise

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Didn't it say in the "Behind the Laughter" documentary-style episode that the Simpsons were from Northern Kentucky? (Right at the end?) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Interestingly in the last ep of season 5 Reese has the name 'Jetson' on his marine uniform but I think the originates from his fake ID?

Advertisement