Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request:How to fix a bath

Options
  • 21-12-2004 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

The kids must of drop something heavy as there is a crack in the bottom. The bath is only about 4yrs old and very light, are these ones made of fiberglass?. If so I was going to get a fiberglass kit and fix it that way, any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Exact same thing happened to me a few weeks back, I just smeared a coating of silicone over the crack, and it seems to have done the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Wouldnt chance silicone myself....how about insurance? it was an accident.get a quote and get a new one.But as far as a fibre glass kit im sure they have something in a good Diy shop.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Should be able to fix it, did a bit of googling and came up with this site

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/bathrepairs.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks lads much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 78,332 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Silicone is inviting disaster if it breaks down (or 8 year old picks at) in future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement