Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish MC's

Options
  • 21-12-2004 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i'm looking for good original Iriish mc's and rappers of any style.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction of unsigned up and coming stars?
    Or clubs where i migt find them?
    or websites?
    there must be some good home grown talent out there but i can't find it...
    thanks
    ted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

fusion inc run a monthly hip hop / drum and bass session at the belvedere, julie d climatise and myself have all done the drum and bass side of things up therer, they have the odd few hip hop heads as well, but i nevr really got to grips with who they were... [hip hop makes me sit down and drink]

theres a hip hop/breaks/reggae board on www.irishdrumandbass.com that dj flip and a good few mc's [although i dont know iif thats the same as a few good mc's] post on quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tots@Cork

try www.thegaff.biz u will find loads of cork mc's on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

the biggest collection of MCs and Wannabe MCs post on www.irishhiphop.com the audio section of the forum always has lots of new (mostly crap) tunes to listen to, the site is down for updating at the moment but should be back up soon.

you can also try www.soundclick.com, doing a search there for "irish hiphop" should get you a good few results

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Messiah J & The Expert (previosly known as Creative Control)
    Rob Kelly
    Collie
    They're prob the most well known,

irishhiphop.com is your best bet, when it back up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Has anyone heard ths joke of an MC from Cark.. He's called The Beatkeeper.. I was rolling on the ground in pain with the laughter.. he "raps" with a Cark accent.. oh god help the poor man!... check him out.... hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

"he "raps" with a Cark accent"

Better than rapping with a poxy Yank accent when he's from "Cark" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Don't mind shrimp he's a bit of a moron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JamesByrne979

Heard a chap who called himself Krackel at a party before..

He went to my mates school and he was as white as a sheet, he rapped with a cali accent but he was class..

he said he was gonna do a homemade mix album but i never heard of him again..pity ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You should check out Temple Bar Music Centre on Sunday nights. Reggae night on but it has a lot of up and coming Irish MC's(I think) . Really really good

www.hiphopireland.com is after having a huge update, its full of irish hiphop, profiles, music, video pictures, loads of shizzle

Advertisement