Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classicla guitar

Options
  • 20-12-2004 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can someone recommend some damn good classical guitarists that i could listen to.. i want to learn some classical music and i want to challenge myself.. i've been playing a few years.. could you be specific with an album or even song i should try and learn..thanks :);):p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

I would suggest that you might listen to any of the Segovia recordings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rmooney

Hey,

I am going to sound like a technique-a-holic but ......Classical guitar is first and foremost a technique. Most people who play the guitar are self taught and therefore really develop a lot of habits that would prevent them from ever being able to play a challenging classical piece. The reason I know this is because I have been down this road myself. I have spent a good few years re-learning how to play and find that even the most elementry classical piece can be fantastically difficult to play correctly. (End of Rant).

If you want to listen to classical music I would suggest any albums by the following artists : John Williams, Julian Bream, David Russel, Jesus Castro-Balbi.

If you want to listen to more modern styles you could listen to Antonio Forcione - who isnt classical but is certainly worth listening to. You will find him on youbtube and his own website.

If you want to attempt challenging pieces - have a listen to some of the Venezualan Waltzes of Antonio Lauro.

I wouldn't suggest Segovia initially since many of his recordings are very old and the recorded quality isn't great. Once you get into it come back to him - you'll appreciate it more.

Advertisement