Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance From Forest

Options
  • 20-12-2004 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Folks,

Do any of ye know if there is a limit as to how to close to a forestry plantation you can build

I've bought a site that will be surrounded on two sides by trees, now theres an application gone in for planning on a site in the 80 ft strip between my site and the forestry boundaries - i.e. I've got a neighbour on both sides now instead of only one - nothign wrong with that, just wondering if this guy will be stopped because his house would be "too close to the trees to see the forest", :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

While not answering your Q, in the opposite scenario, forest can't be planted within 30m (100ft) of a residence or 60m (200ft) without consent of owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,332 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think there would be a huge problem. Just make sure it is the height + width of the mature trees away from the edge.

Advertisement