Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you help me ?

• 20-12-2004 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask,but can anyone tell me what "Interdependence" and "Stewardship" mean,I've tried googling it and asking the folks but to no avail.It's for my C.S.P.E project and I'm really stuck.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Wikipedia to the rescue!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewardship

Stewardship
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

In general stewardship is responsibility for taking good care of resources entrusted to one.

Stewardship in industry

* For example, product stewardship.

Stewardship of the environment

* For example, protecting the environment through recycling, conservation, and the like.

Stewardship in organizations

* In an organizational context, stewardship refers to management's responsibility to properly utilize and develop the talents of the members.

For more in depth detail, see, in Organizational development, the pages on - talent identification and management - succession planning - employee development - performance improvement

Stewardship in Islam

* See Khalifa.

Stewardship in Christianity

* In a Christian context, stewardship refers to the responsibility that Christians have for the gifts that God has bestowed. In some settings, stewardship is operationalized as time, talent and treasure.

[edit]

Also see

* Servant leadership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interdependence

Interdependence
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Interdependence is a dynamic of being mutually responsible to and dependent on others. Some people advocate freedom or independence as a sort of ultimate good; others do the same with devotion to one's family, community, or society. Interdependence recognizes the truth in each position and weaves them together.

Will Durant made one Declaration of Interdependence on April 8, 1944. Others have been written in the years since, and interest in the United States has picked up in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

The community stagnates without the impulse of the individual. The impulse dies away without the sympathy of the community.

--William James
    [edit]

Economics

All countries (nation-states) are dependent at differing degrees with each other in the following areas: trade, technology, markets, communications, migration, and/or transportation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Thanks alot,I appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Stewardship means caring for the environment for the next generation.

CSPE is the most pointless JC subject. Unless of course, your school does religion as a subject.

I got an A in CSPE, no effort, whatsoever. My project wasn't even finished, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

"interdependance" is also used in drumming terms...

...its when your arms and legs all have interdependance of each other so that your brain can control 4 limbs doing different things at different speeds, all simultaneously....

from Marco Minnemann's website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭mp3guy

well, www.dictionary.com is good...

Advertisement