Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Simpsons Episode Comissioned Specially for C4?

Options
  • 20-12-2004 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Reading the chriustmass edition of RTE guide and it mentiones a special spimpsons episode on channcel 4 on x-mass day that has not been out in US yet cause i dont recongise the synopsis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭Basq

User45701 wrote:
    Reading the chriustmass edition of RTE guide and it mentiones a special spimpsons episode on channcel 4 on x-mass day that has not been out in US yet cause i dont recongise the synopsis.

Had a few pre-Christmas drinks, have we? :D

Tell us the synopsis.. so we'll all have a go at recognising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Its the alernative to the Queens Speech. Marge Simpson is doing it this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Think the whole family will appear at least judging by the synopsis I read. Lisa has some issue about Cornwall to raise. Should be a bit of fun anyway. Plus, Ch4 seem to have only decided to repeat it about a dozen times. A bit like how the one from old Queenie gets shown every few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The Simpsons hasn't been good in a long time, I doubt this will be any better...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I myself am a huge Simpsons fan and any true Simpsons Fan will tell you that the simpsons died after season 6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

koneko wrote:
    The Simpsons hasn't been good in a long time, I doubt this will be any better...
    Agreed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

season 6, dont think so

Season 10 maybe, but even after that there are some corkers

The last simpsons episode i really love is the one when they go to africa

Marge: 'Awww how sweet, Dr. Bushwell's named her sanctuary after his wife'
    Lisa: 'Mom, Dr. Bushwell's a woman'
    Marge: 'Well now i've heard everything'

But after this it gets bad, especailly the voices, lisa's marges and homers have changed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Peteee wrote:
    The last simpsons episode i really love is the one when they go to africa

Nah, that episode was pretty bad, full of flat jokes.

The brazil episode was just atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I still like what they are producing these days

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There is still the occasional good episode.

The Fraudcast News was quite good recently. But alot of season 16 so far has been pretty horrible.

And the African one was great as it had monkeys in it... eh.. as did the Brazilian one.... I'm going to Brazil in 3 weeks time to meet monkeys actually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the last good simpsons episode was the series that had the kidz newz in it, it went downhill since then, they should stop now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Cremo wrote:
    the last good simpsons episode was the series that had the kidz newz in it, it went downhill since then, they should stop now

Ah God Bless Kidz Newz. That episode is a classic.

"One man. No ducks."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ehh , i hope this isnt anything along the lines of the lisa simpson ad on rte 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I'd say it went downhill around season 8.

I'd say it died around season 10...

Climax - eh - seasons 4/5/6?

The Lisa issue is going to involve her speaking a modest amount of Cornish apparently - woo hoo (nobody cares).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah God Bless Kidz Newz. That episode is a classic.

Yeah that was good - "See here? This is where the tears would be if I could cry. But I can't. Damn botched facelift" :D The one where Marge started taking steroids and became a bodybuilder was good too.

It did start to go downhill a bit in Season 7 though it was still very funny. The classics started getting fewer and fewer as each season went on though. Season 11 was when we started to see the REALLY bad episodes. I think there was still a good episode or two there.
    Climax - eh - seasons 4/5/6?

A lot of the episodes that are consistently voted "all time classics" are from season 4.

my all time favourite episode would have to be The Boy Who Knew Too Much, where Bart skips school and witnesses the waiter being beaten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

my fav is homer the week or the scorpio episode (u only move twice)

Actually yeh the Scorpio one was pretty brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

ah, fishy... you and your scorpio episode!! i love "the city of new york vs. homer simpson".. what a classic episode! "eh, mountain dew or crab-juice..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

krab kalash

I thought that 1602 was funy when ralf just ran around in circles saying duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck du ck duck duck duck duck duck the 2 spongebob appearenes in the new season are good aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Simpsons Christmas message might actually be funny. These excerpts (potential spoilers, if something like this can be...) sound pretty decent:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds17780.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the best one ever was the episode where they followed the day of several characters

"123 Fake Street"

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

the voice talents have become mercenaries, intersted in nothing but money and the writers are only trying to squeeze as much money out of it as possible. It's a pity because every now and again we get an episode that hints at the talent that still exists in the writing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well the Creator Matt Groening just one a life time award presented by Stephen Hawkins.... Not bad really, plus he's minted!

John

that was really strange... the stephen hawkins toy he gave him was great though!

SteveD wrote:
    that was really strange... the stephen hawkins toy he gave him was great though!

You mean the one he took with him.

John

huh? Matt Groening gave Stephen Hawkings a toy of himself... with the helicopter blades and punching arm...

Yes, but at the end of his speech, he took it away with him. Never mind.

John

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Mossy Monk wrote:
    the best one ever was the episode where they followed the day of several characters

"123 Fake Street"

Yep, thats a classic

Funny how a show that has 'been dead since season 6' i think it was put, can produce such a classic in season 12???!!! surely something wrong there!

After looking at www.snpp.com (excellent site) you can see that season 12 was the last good one

The hungry hungry homer
    trilogy of error
    the island one with 'mr x.'

Thses are all classics from season 12

Therefore, i officially proclaim that the simpsons became less then genius after season 12

Too many guest appearences, bad voices, crap jokes have killed the simpsons unfortunatly. That and the voices have changed, for some reason

I saw it put best once somewhere, dunno where, 'The characters ahve become characters of themselves' which is true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

the xmas one is on right now... even the beckams got a mention and it's been on for 5mins!!

*edit* ok now its over :confused:

Advertisement