Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh yes! The Outer Limits on DVD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'll be getting series one anyway :) classic show. Just ordered Quantum Leap series one aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

And something else that will make many a nerdy nerd type here happy:

Silders Seasons 1 & 2 Box Set

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Thats great news!

I previously bought the 'time travel and infinity' DVD from the Outer Limits - didn't think it would take them this long to get the series out, fantastic that its happening.

Was lucky that one of my favourite episodes of the Outer Limits was on that collection, "A Stitch In Time' - excellent episode.

And something else that will make many a nerdy nerd type here happy:

Silders Seasons 1 & 2 Box Set

ugg sliders was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i would love to own outer limtis on DVD and i wil lswome day but season 2/3 of moneky dust season 4 of family guy all stargate come first on DVD i would also like all star trek dvd but then i will have outer limits on DVD i cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tusky wrote:

I wasn't fond of it myself, but I seem to remember some people here looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was a great premise. It started well, but as soon as they began replacing the original cast, it started losing its appeal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Tusky wrote:
    Ah the first two years were decentish. What followed was, yes, terrible.

ixoy wrote:
    Ah the first two years were decentish. What followed was, yes, terrible.

Decentish at a push ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons a lot. Even the 3rd season was okay to a point, though the "movie of the week" thing robbed the show of its originality and potential. They had some good things planned story arc wise but Jerry O'Connell ****ed that up because the story arc would end up with Charlie O'Connell being written out at some point and he didn't want that. Of course after he ****ed with the scripts, they both left anyway leaving us with the thoroughly abysmal (and most of the time I forget it ever existed) Season 5 of the show.

It would be nice if they did a miniseries with the original cast to tie things up. They could somehow extract Quinn Mallory from that other Mallory guy, recover the other Professor from that planet that was almost exactly like Earth where they left a professor double but we were never sure if they brought the correct one, and rescue Wayde from the Kromags.

I didn't really like the way they ended everything on the worst note possible. Sliders was the type of show that required the happy ending, they find Earth, reunite with their loved ones and live happily ever after. I think what they did was too ambitious for what was essentially enjoyable fluff.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dtommy79

Hi,

New outer limits site.

www.outerlimits.atw.hu

It's still under construction but its forum is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

soiaf wrote:
    Was lucky that one of my favourite episodes of the Outer Limits was on that collection, "A Stitch In Time' - excellent episode.
    Demon With a Glass Hand was one of my favourites... I remember hearing that they always planned to do a sequel to that episode in Babylon 5... but it never happened.

Those are great prices... Thanks for the tip off, Karl.

soiaf wrote:
    Demon With a Glass Hand was one of my favourites... I remember hearing that they always planned to do a sequel to that episode in Babylon 5... but it never happened.

Those are great prices... Thanks for the tip off, Karl.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Awwww... i thought it was the mid 90's series of "The Outer Limits"!

Absolutely loved them - remember staying up late to watch them on Network 2 - mostly they were stuck between 2am - 3am timeslot. Didn't matter that i had to be up for school the next morning at 8am.

Farkin' excellent. Remember loads of episodes.. particularly the episode with Rebecca DeMornay (and had Enigma's "Return To Innocence" played numerous times throughouts) and also Lloyd Bridge's "Sandkings"

I wanna see this on DVD!

PS - 'Sliders' was a decent enough show.. there was a couple of very strong episodes but remember them killing off Jerry O Connell's character and the show just went to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

legendary spot man, basquille don't mention the vastly inferior remakes.

Ah... the 1990's series had it's moments.

I remember two that were very good... one had Amanda Plummer as a scientist who built a time machine powered by aborted fetuses and she used it to travel back in time to kill executed murderers before they committed thier crimes.

There was another one which had the Earth at war with an alien race and the whole episode took place in jail cell where a human soldier was being held prisoner... the way the aliens went about getting vital information out of him was very good.

But I think mostly the terrible episodes outnumbered the good... Argh... and they did so many terrible clip shows.

I actually prefer the 90s show. The original is just that bit TOO dated to be in any way creepy. Still fantastic though ( I have series 1 on dvd ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've never seen any of the original series, but I did like a lot of the 90s ones. Used to stay up late and watch them and Dark Skies on Network 2.

The Sand Kings episode is on this DVD. It's actually the first episode of the newer series. I remember the one that took place in the alien prison cell too, that was class.
    They're changing me back
    :eek: Nooooooooo.

There were quite a few bad ones, but it was nice to see all the Star Trek actors appearing in them from time to time. I think all the TNG actors appeared in an episode somewhere. Not to mention Alyssa Milano getting her kit off.

Some of the new series DVDs are available on playusa.com and dvdpacific.com, in R1 sets. Not that cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

On a similar note, anyone see the R1 version of the original Twilight Zone for cheap anywhere? I've only seen them for crazy prices.

Advertisement