Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partworks

Options
  • 19-12-2004 6:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

you know those magazine things that you have to put into a folder every week and collect.

did you ever collect them and did you ever complete the set.

heres the ones I did.

Tree of knowledge, early 90s, got as far as issue 80 or 90 and lost interest in it.

Images of War, that one was a good collection which I managed to complete

star trek fact files, I got as far as issue 150 of this but it started to get a little boring after a while.

The X-factor another good read but ithe price of it kept going up until it became unaffordable on my student income.

so did you ever collect partworks ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

the unexplained. its in the attic now but i got every single one of them. all nicely stored in the binder i got free with issue 1. man that was like 15 years ago. every 2 weeks it came out. full of weird and wonderful stuff. i was hooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

I think I had one of those about ancient egypt, when I was in school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Dinosaurs - still hundreds of them around the place at home.

A Science and Technology one too - was very interesting but they never gave enough information!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

i think ive got the "complete computer course" ( 30 odd issues) from the 80's
    it then turned into the "complete ADVANCED course" but i didnt collect any of that,possibly cos i'd discovered music & spent all my pocket money on NME,sounds,melody maker etc etc.
    My dad has a complete partworks from the 60's /70's called "Mind Alive" with all kinds of wacky science features.
    i did love the unexplained though never got beyond issue 4
    An ex flatmate of mine had all of the "great composers"(mags & cds)
    he kept the mags in a box but he had to dispose of them due to the smell of cat piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Kingsize wrote:
    i think ive got the "complete computer course" ( 30 odd issues) from the 80's

I remember having a complete set of magazines called Input from the early 80s. I think I got bored of them by around edition 25, but my mother kept getting them because I was half way thru' the set! Thing was it targetted each home computer at the time (Spectrum, Commodore, BBC, Oric etc) so you'd get bits of programs in each edition. Spent hours typing in a database program on my Spectrum (Imagine how long that took on the speccy keyboard) - and it didn't work :(

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Try doing it on a zx81 & not having the fukker work!!

Advertisement