Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey Dust

Options
  • 17-12-2004 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen it ? Hilarious cartoon on BBC late at night. Not sure what days or times... really dark and some of it is quite disturbing. Ive just ordered series 1 dvd based on one episode !

heres some clips.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/monkeydust/clips.shtml

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

it's brilliant. My favourite sketch is the one with the three couples around the dinner table. When they wanted to start the orgy was hilarious.

My dad LOVES the program

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The first time cottager is pretty funny as is the husband who comes back home with excuses stolen from movies and tv series as to why he is late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

best show ever season 1 DVD is for sale on amazon season 3 starts on bbc 2 in january

it is a great shiow up there with family guy

did ne of u see the funniest but with the jews and the brittish reich in the 1st eopisode of season 1 by far the one of funniest thing i have ver seen "the diary of ann frank" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Surprised this thread isnt getting more replies...Maybe the show is quite unknown ?

Hope its not a repeat of darkplace...which crept by unloved :( apart from mw..I recorded every episode !

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

I've just seen two episodes but I must say I've enjoyed what I have seen; very dark satirical stuff. All the really innovative programmes seem to originate on BBC 3/4 before being shown in the wee small hours on BBC 2.

Another program I'd recommend is The Mark Steele Lectures. Series 2 should be appearing soon on BBC 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think I saw a bit of it a few months ago (don't have cable in the house, so can't watch it here) Is there a sketch with a son and a dad where the dad ends up killing himself at the end of every sketch?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

jim - thats the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

eth0_ wrote:
    jim - thats the one!
    Yea.
    It was quality. Must make a note of watch it in a mates house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

i like the show, but the new series doesnt have enough new content theres only so many times i can see yer man walk home and bull**** his wife with storylines of the a-team or police academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

weemcd wrote:
    i like the show, but the new series doesnt have enough new content theres only so many times i can see yer man walk home and bull**** his wife with storylines of the a-team or police academy.

The 24 one was class though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Absolutely brilliant show.
    I always try and catch this but for some reason Im always busy. Have you notice its oppossite 2dtv another great animated show which is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

it really is a fcuking brilliant show! "hi, i'm ivan dobsky - the meatsafe murderer only i never done it. i only said i done it so they'd take my willy out of the power outlet!" "nooo, its too futuristic! i just want a seperate diary and address book!! it's too cumbersome!!!" by the way, TUSKY, darkplace was one of my favourite shows of all time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

No workd on monkey dust season 2 on DVD yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I remember absolutely loving the "I never done it!" serial killer guy and his evil space hopper, Mr Hoppit.

"I never done it" has since become a big injoke between me and my brother.

Advertisement