Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All musicians interested All musicians interested tryin somethin different

Options
  • 17-12-2004 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

How are you doin?
    I am interested in forming a band with musicians from all musical backgrounds to see what comes out of it. I am 21 years old and play bass guitar. I also play a bit of piano. I have played in rock bands but feel worn out by the same sounding music i hear and play all the time. I am writing the bare bones of songs at the minute. My songwriting influences are coldplay and u2 but i want to try and get away from that. I also feel that is where i could also gain from people with other musical backgrounds. all different types of musicians from backgrounds with rock dance classical jazz and blues are more than welcome. Also writing your own songs would be a plus. I think every member of the band should have as much input as the other when it comes to writing songs. If you re iinterested in trying somethin different give us a shout on 086-1031948. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I sing a bit myself, and I'm always up for tryng something new. My influences come from all over. Anything fromm jazz to metal and I do a little bit of songwritting as well. I'm ok at it but perhaps with a bit of help I might get better. I'm a bit young but I'm very mature for my 16 years so if you have open mind and want to give me a chance let me know. Btw, can do backing or lead vocals whatever suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Hey gossip girl, thanks for replying. Sorry its my fault. I should have said originally that i was looking for people within the age group of 20-27 years old. Sorry again. Also i forgot to mention i am based in and around north dublin thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Word of advice. At least listen to her before you make your mind up, after all you never know she may be the voice your looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Excactly what I was going to say. You could be missing out.

Thank you Drummerboy and daram, that's exactly the kinda attitude we need around here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nedraff

Hi all - Im 22 and I sing, play the flute - have some traditional experience, lots of classical experience, love u2, like coldplay and my cd collection spans the board - any developments on the new venture? - id love to sing, and write - I have a degree in music but feel at times that Ive done so much reading and studying that maybe its time to get off my ass and use my knowledge..........ach I dunno - wanna have the craic too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sroberts82

Just replying to your message about forming a band. Im looking to get in a band at the minute. I play the guitar. Have been playin for about 8 or 9 years and been in a couple of bands before and have written plenty of music. Im not really into getting into a guitar based band.I listen a bit to all the usual rock and roll stuff but like i said im not into getting that kind of band together. Im more into bands like the jimmy cake and david kitt and the divine comedy and that. Also listen to kila a good bit. There is some savage melodic stuff goin on in their music which would be cool to try and bring in a bit too. Itd be great to get a sax and trumpet also to give an extra dimension. If all this sounds like bull**** sorry for wastin your time but if not give me a shout. Im stephen and im 22 from drogheda but living on collins ave. e mail is stephen.roberts4@mail.dcu.ie. Dont send me a pm here cos ill prob never get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Bobon wrote:
    Hey gossip girl, thanks for replying. Sorry its my fault. I should have said originally that i was looking for people within the age group of 20-27 years old. Sorry again. Also i forgot to mention i am based in and around north dublin thanks.

I might be interested their mate!From the north county myself and i play guitar!My influences would defineately be in Metal so i play a heavier style allright!Not sure if thats what your looking for to be honest!Oh yeah im 21 and have been playing for a few years!Havnt had a lot of band experience due to the problems of finding a good band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Bobon,
    ,just to say in my mind age is no baerrier yung or old im 42 may look 30 laughs but am better then ever on drums and will kick any 20's age drummers ass any day in drumming work,,,so dont dismiss that gossip girl she could be just what ya need, wish i could take her on.

ciao amigo hope it goes well for ya Baggio

Baggio wrote:
    Bobon,
    ,just to say in my mind age is no baerrier yung or old im 42 may look 30 laughs but am better then ever on drums and will kick any 20's age drummers ass any day in drumming work,,,so dont dismiss that gossip girl she could be just what ya need, wish i could take her on.

ciao amigo hope it goes well for ya Baggio

Thanks for the wise words, Baggio. Good Luck to ya :D .

• Advertisement
Advertisement