Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dragline model ?

Options
  • 16-12-2004 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Where in Leinster could I purchase a scale model (static) of the Ruston Burycus (spelling?) RB range of dragline ?

(I have given up on trying to locate a HyMac excavator scale model)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Silvera,

I forgot to post this over the weekend. I was up in Belfast doing some shopping with her good self and I dropped around to the model shop for some supplies and I think they might have the model you were looking for. I couldnt quite remember what the one you were looking for was like but they certainly had something similiar. I also know the shop does mail order so if you want you could give them a call their number is 00 44 2890240853 might be worth giving them a try.

Ciaran

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Before I got hooked on model flying I did meccano "supermodels" of poclain case 1288 hydraulic excavator, bulldozer, tower & blocksetting crane, tiger tanks etc.
    These had track links from about 1-3" wide and worked fine.
    I still have many supermodel plans. One was for a dragline.
    If making your own excavator sounds interesting I could leave some material into Green Hobby in Dublin where you would be able to look at it & get ideas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

here is an example ...

http://www.btinternet.com/~mwmailorder/MWModelPlans/ModelP9.jpg
    Liebherr Litronic Backhoe Excavator
    Supermodel plan cost at least STG20 and has "Over forty pages of instructions include a wealth of modelbuilding technology. Sections deal with the Chassis, Cab & Roller Bearing; Machinery Framework & Mechanism; Sub-Chassis, Track Frames and Tracks; Cab Side Panels, Hood, Covers & Drivers Cab; Boom, Stick & Bucket; Hydraulic System; and Control."

To tell the truth most of the stuff I did was a lot less complex ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thanks for the details Ciaran_Dub - I'll give them a call.

coolwings,
    Thanks, but my model building skills are nil. I want to purchase a die cast model 'ready for the shelf' so-to-speak ! :)

Advertisement