Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi price hikes for christmas post your reports here

Options
  • 16-12-2004 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

so has anyone encountered price hikes for christmas yet.

first one I encountered today Treaty cabs (hackney) 415566 fares have been increased by €1 since the 6th of December.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Tower Cabs(444444) increased fares by €2 since 10 December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Taxi from UL to town, €11 last night! :eek:

its usually about 10 from there into town provided you didnt flag it down, were they running the meter?

The most I've ever gotten charged was 8. Even from a flagged down one. I wasn't in the front so I didn't see the initial reading when we hopped in.
    [edit] It was metered aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Thats cheap compared to what I paid today. Clondalkin to Baggot St €15 so there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

flagged one down the other night on the dublin road. charged me and a freind a tenner to annacotty and 15 more on to newport. the he asked for a 10 euro tip...not just asked, played the poor mouth and even begged.

i was gald i got him to drop me at the end of the road and not my doorstep.

actually got a cab from work last night (raheen to City Centre) and the excuse the driver gave was "oh the traffic is always heaver in december"

we were coming in the new road that ends accross the road from tesco in roxboro when he was saying this. at 12.00 there wasn't a car on the road ffs, he still charged the extra euro.

name of company escapes me but their number is 414141

fares increased by €1.50

Treaty Cabs I think.

treaty is 415566 first post i mentioned them they went up by only €1 the least greedy of the lot of them

onlytrouble with them is your waiting till doomsday for them at the best of times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement