Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you remember classical music video on UTV?

Options
  • 16-12-2004 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

I remember this classical music video that used to be shown* on UTV on Saturday mornings, around 9:30 IIRC. The video was animated and the orchestra players were faceless.
    It was quite an energetic piece.

I'd love to know the name/artist/composer/whater of the piece?

* I'm thinking it was the late 80s.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pancakeman

9:30 in the morning? animated? faceless? i'm guessing it was a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

pancakeman wrote:
    9:30 in the morning? animated? faceless? i'm guessing it was a dream.
    I was younger then and hadn't begun experiencing hangovers so there was no chemical influence to my vision. So, not a dream.
    It was on *so many* times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

rondo veneziano was the artist if im not mistaken i still remember the tune but dont recall its title ,robots dressed in renaissance stylee clothes take a gondola ride through venice ?
    that was at the time when utv would chuck on a music video when there was a gap in the schedule,
    i remember they also used to play a version of "get off my cloud" by the flying pickets quite a bit too.
    the videos were inevitably cut short ..
    i think that album is still available (well it was still on display in HMV classical dept a couple of years back)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Two things that stand out here....

UTV used to startup at 9:25 (or thereabouts) each morning from the early 70's until the late eighties, with a piece of music called "The Antrim Road", a curious mix of protestant march and a catholic jig. It was like their station theme. It used to be played over this caption.... ibautv.JPG

But, also used, more like an interlude piece was Rondo Veneziano - La Serenissima, when no ads were shown. This was used by the ITV network and was my drug of choice in those days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Kingsize - thanks.
    I found Rondo Veneziano on Amazon and, even better, on AllOfMp3.com. Will have to figure out exactly which track it is. Probably on the 'Very Best Of'

pancakeman - Two of us having the same dream :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement