Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Point Depot??

Options
  • 15-12-2004 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭

Folks

Do any of you know if i can get a bus from town to the Point Depot?? I have checked on the Dublin bus site by typing in Point Depot as a destination but nothing is coming up. Dont really want to fork out for a taxi if i dont have to.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

You are out of luck - no bus runs to or even past the Point Depot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

afaik no bus goes that way,
    you can walk down the quays or thru the ifsc, its only about ten minutes,

use the time to lash down a naggin of vodka or a few cans of beer as youll have no chance of getting a pint and seeing the show ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

The 53 and 53A go to or past the Point Depot.

Both leave from outside Liberty Hall.

The 53 takes you out through Fairview, then doubles back through very traditional old housing streets in the east Wall area - it's a bit like a time machine - before ending up right outside the Point.

However journeys marked with an "a" in the timetable go to Alexandra Road Extension instead, so you'd have a short walk.

The 53A goes straight down the quays, turns off just before the Point, and goes through some sidestreets behind it, emerging close to the big Shell garage nearby (and then goes on down almost to the Ferry terminal).

Neither timetable mentions The Point at all, as the description and stage listings have not changed ever, and the company would never even think that people might like to know that the routes go to one of the most visited buildings in the whole docklands area . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks a lot for that Steve, i appreciate it.

just checked the timetable for the 53 and it looks like i will be able to get a bus there and back... thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The 53 does, but not very often. It is a nice walk. I've often done it, so depending on what time you have, it is another option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement