Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas tickets

Options
  • 15-12-2004 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

i was going from tallaght to james hospital the other day

i was getting my ticket in the machine, and then popped in to collect a few bits of shoping before my journey,

when i actualy got on the luas..i read that the ticket had to be used by 12 pm midady.i feel thats a bit un fair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

well i think it's to stop you buying 2 singles and using them all day (one each way) or to stop you giving them to a mate/passerby etc....
    course the REAL solution is to have validators on the trams so you can buy them whenever you want and validate when you use. but oh no that'd be a bit useful/clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

i havnt seen a luas inspector on the luas since the 1st day i got on the luas

i wonder how long it is before theres vandilasim on it.....

i was just saying to a friens on here the other night
    it was a very rushed job no real planing on it.
    the routes are good but the trafic it runs in to is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i've seen plenty. some are nice, some are incredibly rude. usually come on in gangs wearing dayglo jacjets.dunno about the redline but the greenline has no traffice worries at all thankfully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

also i wonder if there gonna bring in the bus pass for oap people?
    thats gotta be handy as me dear auld dad would love that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

mobile04 wrote:
    also i wonder if there gonna bring in the bus pass for oap people?
    thats gotta be handy as me dear auld dad would love that

Not quite sure what you mean by this - the free travel pass is already valid on luas, without time restrictions (except that it can't be used on the nitelink luas).

I remember reading on another board that the red line is actually more compliant than the green line in terms of people having a valid ticket and playing by the rules. Because of this, the inspectors prefer working the red line, but they have to spend more time on the green line...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The single tickets are valid for 90 min from purchase which is a reasonable enough time to wait around, nip across to the shop and complete your journey. Wht did you not buy your ticket after going to the shop???
    it was a very rushed job no real planing on it.

You're right the whole system was just thrown up overnight. Not an engineer involved in the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

BrianD wrote:
    You're right the whole system was just thrown up overnight. Not an engineer involved in the project.

In your attempt to be sarcastic you've actually hit the nail squarely on the head. This is call "irony".

(Condescending is when I talk down to you).

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Not everybody would agree! This item was taken from a posting on www.garaiste.com
    "The engineering company that designed Dublin's Luas lines has won a Silver Award of Merit from the Association of Consulting Engineers Australia (ACEA).

Sinclair Knight Merz came second to Coffey Geosciences, who designed another railway project in Singapore.

The €675 million project, for the Railway Procurement Agency, was hailed as a 'project of distinction' by the ACEA, which presents the awards to 'outstanding examples of engineering' that 'stretch the norms of the industry'.

Sinclair Knight Merz won a total of five awards, including two golds in the Project Management and Industrial Infrastructure categories."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I also think that the ticket scheme for Luas was poorly thought up.
    Especially it's prices.

Advertisement