Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoffs

Options
  • 13-10-1999 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Well the playoffs are complete and not looking good for us.

Republic of Ireland V Turkey
    Scotland V England
    Israel V Denmark
    Slovenia V Ukraine

Dammmit we're always so unlucky, Turkey are a very tough team especially when they're at home. Fans have a very nasty reputation.
    Love to go to that England V Scotland game tho. Up the Scots.
    Who's going to our home game with Turkey ???
    Slan,
    jAH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

I think it is alright. Could be worse like England or Ukraine. Slovenia would have geen nicer, but I think we might be OK. From looking at all those Galatesery and Fenerbache matches, the atmosphere will be tough to get over but if we can win at home ( I think we will) we might stand a chance. One thing though is that I really hope Keane is around otherwise we are skrewed.

[This message has been edited by Helv (edited 13-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭johnoo

I think hes right.
    Ukraine have some/a impressive player(s), Schevchenko. I can see him running rings around Gary Breen.

England would have been fun to get but a ***** to play. Player for player they'd beat us but team for team its different. Batty v Keane? .

Advertisement