Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top gear music question

Options
  • 14-12-2004 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

ok this may be a wierd question but...

i am wondering if anyone knows what the music used during topgear (Sunday 12th December) was.

it was a piece of classical (i think) music used in the segment where they gave an award to the Vauxhal Menara for being the best suprise car

it is a piece of music that i recognise (possibly from movie trailers)

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Now before you get your hopes up, I don't remeber the music being played over that segment but Samuel Barber's adagio for strings is quite popular on TV.

You can listen to a sample of the piece here on amazon, click the first audio sample link.
    (you'll need real player, or better yet, google for 'real alternative' if you don't have real player)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

It's the music that every movie set in medieval Britain or Ireland uses, isn't it? Dammit can't remember. Top Gear have used Adagio for Strings but I don't think that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah it wasnt adagio, similar but not it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

was it by that guy who suppseod to be the only famous/good english classical composer... v something victor did war themes?

right down clarksons ally

Advertisement