Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Last Match

Options
  • 08-10-1999 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Well Judgement Day Is Almost Upon Us Irish Fans. Tomorrow, at around half eight Irish time, the outcome of the Group of Hell will be known. In my mind it already is.
    I still firmly belive that we shall top the group. It's very hard to call who'll take second place, with both Yugo and the Croats really fired up for their match tomorrow. I'd nearly prefer to watch that game, since I already know we'll win our match.
    Keano's a big loss, there's no doubt about it but McLoughlin will his job well against an understrength Macedonia team. As far as I know they're missing around 6 first team players, which is damn good for us.
    Probably be a ****e game but we should manage a goal or two, maybe get a peno.
    Here's to Poland getting a draw or a win tomorrow to put England out of contention.
    Here's to Spain/Czech Rep beating the livin be jaysis out of Ireland in the finals next year.

Slan,
    jAH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ffs, another 20 seconds of defending and we'd be there instead of having to go thru the poxy playoffs sad.gif

and its a pain in the hole seeing Croatia go out in favour of those ba$tards from Yugoslavia, Croatia are a much better side sad.gif

hopefully we'll get Scotland or Israel in the playoffs so, or England could be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Fuking fuks. FFS Ireland should've learnt their lesson from the goal conceded against Croatia last month. The last bloody action of the game, I was saying to myslef, "This is it, defend this one corner and we have qualified for Euro 2000". And then they fuk it all up. Two years of work thrown away. The three boys on the goalline just watching the ball go in. Aaaaaaaargggghhhhhh this is just a nightmare .... As far as I'm concerned that's it, we're not going to make it now. Maybe with a bit of luck we'll get one of the poorer second placed teams, but there's a helluva lot of good ones there.
    It's all over, here's to fuking up qualification for 2002.
    maybe i'm being a little pessimistic .....
    Slan,
    jAH
    ps ffs some comments here pleez, doesn't anyone read this folder anymore ???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just goes to show you can't count your chickens. Hate to say it but it probably would have been justice if Croatia had qualified at our expense. Why oh why does Mick have to go defensive. We should have been looking to kill that game with a second goal from early on. In the end though I think it exposes the lack of firepower we have. We can rave about Keane and... and who else?
    As to the playoffs I'll also predict disaster here. Our record is ****e. Lets face it we're not very good at knockouts, 2 legs or otherwise. England would not be fun at all. Let them have the Ukraine. At least the Rugby side is doing us proud. Muhahahaiahaiahahahaahahahhhaahha....*zip*

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

oh good jesus sad.gif

Saddest moment of the match, Cascarino was brought on and the commentator stated that we "were bringing on a fresh pair of legs".

FFS HES THIRTY FRIGGIN SEVEN FFS ! YES BRING ON AN OLD MAN TO CLOSE THE OPPOSTION DOWN sad.gif

overall we were ****e, apart from one or two patches in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Did you know though, that he scored a hat-trick last weekend. Really!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement