Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season over, christmas gifts?

• 13-12-2004 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Good evening fellow modellers,

I've noticed that this board has started to slacken in activity, my guess is that it's simply because of christmas - weather isn't great, people too busy to indulge in their favourite hobby etc etc.

I figure alot of people must be buying/receiving model-related things for christmas, I wonder what the general trend is...

Most people seem to get their first trainer at christmas, but what about cars/trains?

I personally ament actually buying/receiving anything model related this christmas, but if I had some extra cash I'd certainly go for a nice new pattern ship......big wide fuselage...short wingspan....something like a Magnum (only not as fast!), would be nice for when the weather improves a little bit :)

So, what are you getting or, more importantly, what do you wish you were getting?

Fobia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Hi Fobia,

Nothing really to model specific on my Christmas list but a new Digital Camera is definately in order. So hopefully sorting that out this week if the little woman gives the go ahead.

So thats it for me have plenty of kits to work on. Not only the Focus from the other thread but also an Alfa 155 Jagermeister which has been sitting on the bench for the most of the year plus another Alfa 155 Bosch and Mercedes D2 DTM to be started and also a Williams FW11 if I can ever get replacement decals for it.

So with the rate that I build my kits should keep me going for a few years yet...lol. Although the Focus is going along very quickly right now and should be painted this weekend. And I promise to have pics after this weekend I know I promised some from last weekend but I didnt get much done.

Ciaran

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Ciaran_Dub wrote:
    So thats it for me have plenty of kits to work on. ...So with the rate that I build my kits should keep me going for a few years yet...lol....Ciaran

You hit the nail on the head Ciaran. I am just not a happy person, unless I have a few models "as work in progress" .

The inner debate about which one to build a bit further is a pleasant feeling.

I wonder are most modellers the same?

Coolwings

Advertisement