Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free-diving

Options
  • 13-12-2004 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Anyone on this forum ever tried Free-diving, as in the aquatic sport, considered an extreme sport, in which divers attempt to reach great depths unassisted by breathing apparatus. I doubt its in Ireland, but I love to know if anyone has tried it and where? From what I've read about it it sounds amazing. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yeah , I do it all the time.
    I wouldn't consider it an extreme sport. But I guess that depends on exactly how deep you are planning to go.
    I can dive to 20m but mostly stick to the 10-17m range.
    I think that there are few guys in Limerick doing it and maybe UCD has a freedive team.
    I don't really practice it as apnea but spearfishing instead.
    You hold your breath go down and hunt fish, more fun in my experience and you get fed to boot!!

Advertisement