Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever read Tintin?

Options
  • 13-12-2004 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Jusdt wondering has anyone read them (I mean years ago) anfd know where I could buy them? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I used to love them. I'm sure you'd pick them up on amazon or somewhere else online easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i work in a city centre bookshop and we stock them in lovely hardback midway between a5 and a4 size volumes of three for €19. there are 7 vols in total i think, what with it being the xmas and all we may be temp sold out but we normally stock them. used to love them as a kid....still makes me laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I used to read them alot as a kid. Haven't read any of them in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

yea, I'm a pretty big fan, I have almost all of em, some are incredibly hard to get as they stopped publishing them, they were politically 'incorrect' and unsuitable for kids ... apparently.

have a look here for online shops
    http://www.tintinologist.org/guides/merchandise/shops.html#www

intersting, any other tintin fanboys on boards i wonder. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pancakeman

Used to get dem when i was young. great craic. used to love drawing mustashes on the pics aswell. LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Well you can still get them pretty easily in Cork city...

Must have read them all...when i was about 8 of course... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Housi

Ahhhhh, oul Tintin. Read a few of them in French recently. Not a bad read, quite funny. The Congo story reeked of racism. It's funny to think that kids read these years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

I loved Tintin. Used to read him and Asterix and Obelix.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My dad has most of the Tintin books and I read them when I was younger...I loved Tompson and Thompson esp in the Moon ones. Maybe I should re-read them... Oh and did Tintin ever write ANY articles as a journalist (his alleged job) more articles seem to have been written about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Aye, read most of them back in the day. Classic. Must have a look round the 2nd hand section in town see if I can find any...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

loved them when I was younger. Even had a tintin book in french.. god knows why, I think my mother was behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

i never been too much into tintin.
    i prefere astérix and obélix. pure fun:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I can't say I ever liked them very much. Tintin was a bit of a sap. They were more adventure stories than humour which has never been my bag.

Asterix and Obelix are just godly though. I could re-read those forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

yes, i can read and read again astérix and obélix with the same pleasure.
    i laugh at the same sentences like if i ever read them:)
    especially astérix chez les bretons and also astérix légionnaire.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I have all the no-longer purchasable Tintins in JPG format. Not sure how legal that all is, but PM me if you want to discuss them.

Advertisement