If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Help for "illegals" in the US?

  • 11-12-2004 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

    Sorry if this is the wrong forum; if it is, please move it for me, mods - and thanks in advance.

    A friend in the US is teaching a class, one of whom is the child of illegal immigrants. Not Irish, but 'snomatter.

    This kid badly needs psychiatric help. His mother died recently, and his grandparents, who don't really have English, are minding him and trying to scrape a living. He's hysterical with grief and rage half the time.

    I think there's an organisation that helps *Irish* people who are living in the US as illegal aliens, and it occurred to me that this group might be able to advise my friend.

    Anyone know what the organisation is, and if there's a website or contact number?

    If you can help, you'll be doing a good thing for an unhappy, grieving child at Christmas.