Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel

Options
  • 10-12-2004 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi i'm going to Intel on coop in Feb. anyone know what the pay is like??

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

If your goin on co-op in feb you really should have your contract now. If not drop into the co-op office and they will get on to intel and then when you get the contract - presto there it is.
    Heard its good though,is it up in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

Be prepared for the best coop there is.
    Get a place in maynooth and meet up with some of the others and you'll be on the piss for 9 months.

Pay is about €240 a week. Not bad considering you'll be doing no work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 car_girl

going on coop 2 intel2 don't know what the pay is but 240 a week is crap money-most people in my class getting 400-480+ a week

car_girl wrote:
    going on coop 2 intel2 don't know what the pay is but 240 a week is crap money-most people in my class getting 400-480+ a week

Where? Best place is in Elili Lili in Cork and thats about 550 i think

ya one of them is elli lilly-basic 500ish b4 overtime!!!pfizer paying well 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

meh, i'll be getting 1,250 a month i'll have to pay tax on that too, but should get some overtime too

i.e. not that great money

You can claim the Tax back as your a student so think of it as a savings policy

Yeah thats true, still i'm sure i'll get on grand with that much, i wouldnt spend half of that even on a heavy week down here (rent+expenses+drink)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ya pete but having to work a MONTH in advance sucks donkey nads tbqh. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Get a loan....
    :)

Cheers
    Rory

• Advertisement

i'll get money off the parents

If y'all (i'm not american, i swear) are gettin paid 'in arrears' *snigger* then just think when you come back to college (hopefully) you'll get a month/ 2 weeks/ whatevers pay for doing nothing (or at least it'll feel that way!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

uum wrote:
    Be prepared for the best coop there is.
    Get a place in maynooth and meet up with some of the others and you'll be on the piss for 9 months.

Pay is about €240 a week. Not bad considering you'll be doing no work.
    Apologies it'll be more than that. I was going on punts.

E300 range id say but not too high.

Got contract for intel at last!330 euro a week

nice one

330 a week seems to be the going rate everywhere i've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

you'd be supprised how easy it to spend the cash...im currently on coop getting ~290 and i've feckall saved in the last 7 months. Its weird i used never buy anything in college that i didn't really need. but when you have the money suddenly you start buying things like cd's, dvd's, dvd players for the dvd's etcetc..

Advertisement