Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Plays

Options
  • 09-12-2004 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I was just thinking of this today, a mate reminded me. I was only in one school play in my primary school days. That was Cinderella (IN IRISH!!) Me and my best mate at that time played the 2 ugly sisters. I was the star of the show lol :) anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

i once played a sheep and a tree in some play about jesus. and i think i was an angel in that play aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the only play i can remenber doing was in irish and it was about a robbery on a house. i was a baddy and when i was tying this lad up i had to put "blood" on him. It was lipstick. The thing broke in my hand and i ended with lipstick all over him. He looked like he had gone 12 rounds with tyson after being hit by a "gun".

Dont remeneber the ending too.But i thing we didnt succed in robbing the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I was a skangerette called Kylie and had one line in one play, a mute frog in another. How I hated drama classes at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

OMG - That was a collection of memories I'd put behind me. One year I was a life-support machine (making pogata pogata pogata sounds from inside a cardboard box) in a Walter Mitty play, and another year I was a hunchback sidekick of an evil mastermind trying to infiltrate a set of peace loving hippies. 1st and 5th year respectively.

But by far the worst was the 2nd year play. We had an female english teacher with male issues, and although a mixed school, that year the guys were guys - unless they were gals. Managed to get back stage on that one, and although some of the guys maybe got a bit into their roles :eek: - this was North Dublin working class circa mid-80s - the abuse/slagging that rained onto the stage was just incredible - I really did feel sorry for some of the guys. I'd say it took a long time for them to live it down.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

hmmm don't know whether I should answer this one.

first play I remember was "Joseph and his technicolor dreamcoat" was one of the pharoe's slaves in that,

also did wal disneys "The rescuers2 and was one of the lead roles (and it wasnt bernard :o ) when I was about 7

was in a play about brian boru's battle with the vikings which one of the teachers wrote for the 1988 dublin millennium year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

dazberry wrote:
    OMG - That was a collection of memories I'd put behind me.
    Same here... I find myself now staring into space as all the fragments of memories start seeping back.
    :eek: <<shudder>> :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

I played a whore in our 5th year rendition of Jesus Christ Superstar. I thought Id be smart and hide at the back so I wouldn be at front of the stage, and then there were 6 of us left, and the organiser just said,'right ,you lot are the whores', and we had to dance and all.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

I played Pontius Pilate in the local church's passion play one Easter. That was my main starring role during my childhood dramatic period.
    Mostly I was just in the background singing along to Jake the Peg or whatever the class play was that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have a few memories of school plays.

Once in primary school we put on a play that I wrote myself, for the little ones. My own fault really told the teacher that I had written it. It was some tosh about a poor family and Christmas and Santa coming. Not surpringly I had the main part. I am pretty sure it was crap although we a great Santa outfit. :rolleyes:

And in secondary school.

Our school had a fondness for pageants and I'd end up in the choir. Once I was singing up into the supended mic so loudly that they actually moved it up during the show. Know that it was me cos they were talking about some "f****** shouting into the mic" :o Ruined my singing career. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

when i was in 3rd class myself and 3others got parts in the towns secondary school play of Annie. we missed so much school,it was great. We were the youngest of the orphans. We thought it was brill.....all the secondary school girls involved in the play were minding us and thought we were such cute things!!(which we were!! :D )

then in 6th class i got the lead role of snow white in our school play: Snow white+7dwarfs.

im afraid i retired from the acting after that.....decided to bow out on a high, hehe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

In fourth class my classmate wrote and scripted a play about the life of Beethoven. I played Beethoven's friend. That guy was weird, nobody asked him to do it, he just gave the script to our teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Haha, have to add to this :)

When I was in junior school we had a play every year *shudder*.. Ones I remember having parts in were:

'Annie' -- I was a silly urchin scrubbing the floor who popped up to say one line, and then the evil orphanage owner woman said something like 'Down Piggie' and pushed me back down. :rolleyes:

'Fantastic Mr. Fox' -- I was one of the Fox children so I hadda sing & dance *CRINGE*...had a cool faux fox tail though. :D

When I was in transition year we did a version of 'Our Town', don't remember the part I played but I only had a handful of lines, so it was all good. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I was also in a primary school where every class put on a play every year! I got the one of the lead roles in senior infants....after that it was all down hill.

The worst was in 6th year and the teacher hadn't realised I didn't have a part till we read through the script for the first time and she made me write in my own part as a showman for a bearded lady in a fairground...it was very embarrassing! I'm not really a playwrite.

Then in secondary school I made a triumphant comeback as "Kate" one of the Major General's daughters in "The Pirates of Penzance" a Gilbert and Sullivan music and dancing extravaganza! That was lots of fun as I was in an all girls scool and we got boys in to play the male leads.....yummy! :D

Advertisement