Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Farrell guest-starring on 'Scrubs'

Options
  • 09-12-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Feature-film star Colin Farrell ("Alexander") makes his American primetime TV debut when he guest-stars in an episode of NBC's medical comedy "Scrubs" (Tuesdays, 9:00-9:30 p.m. ET).Farrell will portray Billy Callahan, a life-loving Irishman, in an episode for broadcast on Tuesday, January 25.

Might start watching 'Scrubs' again just to see that ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh dear jesus christ

i hope he puts on a fake irish accent for the american audience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I take it by life-loving they mean heavy-drinking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he'll probably be in for liver failure or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Or an STD of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

No typecasting here then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

koneko wrote:
    Or an STD of some sort.

lol...you beat me to it.... :D

/me runs off and wishes there was at least rep comments :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

wat and time and channel is scrubs on these days?! cant seem to find it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ah Scrubs is quality....

John

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah..

Zach Braff (JD in 'Scrubs') revealed on his blog about a fortnight ago that he got the "most awesome, super-secret, mac-daddy, one-episode guest star for Scrubs", but he would not reval who.

His blog now says:
    "Okay, so you all figured out that the super, secret guest on Scrubs is Colin Farrell. What a cool guy. He is really friggin funny and always has to be so serious in all his movies. But on Scrubs he was hilarious."
    I think Colin Farrell will certainly be an interesting guest star in Scrubs... but whether he can beat Brendan Fraser in the guest star (OK.. though he was a prominent guest star) stakes is another issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Crucifix wrote:
    I take it by life-loving they mean heavy-drinking

If his appearance in a healthy lifestyle skit on Jay Leno last week is anything to go by, his character will be exactly as his own stereotyped creation makes him appear. And we'll have JD muse on voiceover, "I couldn't help wondering how much longer Colin would have to live before his kidneys just gave up... etc."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Im not a big fan of scrubs guest stars (Heather Graham <shudder>) and I have a feeling Colin Farrell won't change my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Part of the danger there is that they're *too* big a name and you end up not being able to get over the fact that (Star X) is on the show, so you often don't get into their character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

any1 any ideas wen its gona be aired n channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

weerez wrote:
    Im not a big fan of scrubs guest stars (Heather Graham <shudder>) and I have a feeling Colin Farrell won't change my mind.
    I thought Brendan Fraiser was great in Scrubs - did he not convince you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gangsta wrote:
    any1 any ideas wen its gona be aired n channel?
    Being aired in the US mid February. Expect RTE to air it mid - late March at the earliest. The US are on Episode 12 of the new series... RTE / Sky haven't even started showing 'em yet.
    I thought Brendan Fraiser was great in Scrubs - did he not convince you?
    I said it once and i said it before.. Brendan Fraser was, without a shadow of a doubt, the best ever guest star in Scrubs... hell, possibly the best ever guest star in any sitcom ever. Pure genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Grr... I'm not exactly a big Colin Farrell fan... this can't be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

I thought Brendan Fraiser was great in Scrubs - did he not convince you? ;)

Ya I did think he was good enough but that's one guest star out of how many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Michael J Fox was alright aswell actually. But it got altogether too nancy-wancy (it's a word)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

basquille wrote:
    Being aired in the US mid February. Expect RTE to air it mid - late March at the earliest.

you should be able to get a copy from the net earlier than rte :D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Colin Farrell was on Saturday Night Live over the weekend. Actually was one of the best SNLs I'd seen in ages. He did a great Bono impression in one sketch. Apart from that one sketch, they stayed completely away from the whole "Drunken Irish Lunatic" thing.

Scrubs has been great this season so far, now that Zach Braff is directing the odd one. They had Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) on as a guest star the other week. I didn't think he was great, he basically played Chandler wandering around a hospital, though the episode itself was pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I didn't think Fraser was all that special as a guest star, and I also didn't see anything wrong with Heather Graham, but Heather Locklear totally sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I didn't think Fraser was all that special as a guest star, and I also didn't see anything wrong with Heather Graham, but Heather Locklear totally sucked.

Oh I dunno... only saw that episode the other night..was pretty good I thought! :)

Also the one where JD scores a date with Lisa the Gift Shop Girl.. class...

<JD to Cox as Lisa walks up, after Cox has given this whole speech about how pulling the latest homely girl in the shop ain't nothing to be proud of..only to see she's stunning!>

"I believe the word you're looking for is.. "WOW", and the words I'm looking for are 'in your face!'" ... quality show! :D Can you get it on DVD yet?

Advertisement