Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with shelf

Options
  • 08-12-2004 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to put some shelving up in the hotpress of my apartment but I'm not sure how to approach it. I'm thinking along the lines of using battens - I've done this before successfully - but the dilemma I face with the hot press is that I only have one edge to work with, the immersion tank prevents me from meeting the wall on the other side .

Let me explain further with the attached attempt at a diagram:

The thick black lines indicate where I'm thinking of placing the battens at one side and at the back of the shelf. The thing you see on the right is the immersion tank and I want my shelving to extend as far as that. I just don't see how I can support the shelf on that side without a corresponding wall at a right angle.

If anyone has any experience in this type of thing or has any advice on what I should be doing, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Ardent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

Ardent wrote:
    Hi

I'm looking to put some shelving up in the hotpress of my apartment but I'm not sure how to approach it. I'm thinking along the lines of using battens - I've done this before successfully - but the dilemma I face with the hot press is that I only have one edge to work with, the immersion tank prevents me from meeting the wall on the other side .

what about using L-brackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Just brace it along both walls as indicated and put a leg on the front corner

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Pataman wrote:
    Just brace it along both walls as indicated and put a leg on the front corner

and if you can't do that, can you "hang" that front right corner from the press "ceiling"??
    t

Advertisement