Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone / Text voting

Options
  • 08-12-2004 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I am getting a bit suspicious of the text and phone voting for the spate of reality TV shows.
    Can they REALLY get the results so quick on the night - for X Factor and I'm A Celeb - they seem to have the final result 2 minutes after the end of voting.
    Perhaps the UK systems allow for this - but last year wasnt there a day delay in the results of the RTE You're a Star - claimed that it took this long to count up the votes.....so have this improved greatly in Ireland even that the Irish votes for I'm a Celeb last week on TV3 were able to be added into the votes from the UK viewers within the 2 minutes.....
    What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

phone vote no prob to count sure you can see a live count on the software but texts is another story. Im not sure how they work that out cos texts sent may have a couple of mins even hours in some cases delay to get delivered. So they must just take the poll at time of closing and ignore messages that are still on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So they must just take the poll at time of closing and ignore messages that are still on the way in.

This was what people where complaining about with You're A Star.

As for the Im a celeb.. and x factor I cann't see them counting the Irish votes.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was there not a problem with the Irish votes on X Factor? I heard that many Irish votes for Tabby were lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Why the hell would you waste money on a phone or text vote to a tv show?
    Unless you're a family member or friend of the punter involved its a bit sad.

Advertisement