Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Tragically Over-Looked Movie of 2004

Options
  • 07-12-2004 1:04pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nominations here for that movie that you think was, for whatever reasons, undeservingly missed out in 2004. A movie that should have gotten a wider audience, even if it wasn't the best movie of the year.

To be eligible, the film they starred in must have been released on Irish cinema screens during the year 2004. Each voter can only nominate a maxiumum of two titles. Any further ones shall be ignored.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

A Mighty Wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Saw

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Dead Man's Shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Switchblade Romance

Saved!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Switchblade romance was a bit rubbish. Nothing more than a gorefest.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Switchblade romance was a bit rubbish. Nothing more than a gorefest.
    This is a nomination's thread only. Don't want to discuss movies here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Switchblade Romance

Changing my nomination, not cos it was a bit rubbish, but cos 'A Tale of Two Sisters' hasn't been mentioned even in 'Best Foreign Movie' by anyone else, so it MUST surely be Overlooked! :(

Noms:

Saved!

A Tale of Two Sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Possibly The Dreamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I'm with Ixoy - Dead Man's Shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Saved! (again)

Finding Neverland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

will go with finding Nevrland aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

was spirited away overlooked a bit, do you think? Was it 2004?

pwd wrote:
    was spirited away overlooked a bit, do you think? Was it 2004?
    Released in 2003...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

TCamen wrote:
    Changing my nomination, not cos it was a bit rubbish, but cos 'A Tale of Two Sisters' hasn't been mentioned even in 'Best Foreign Movie' by anyone else, so it MUST surely be Overlooked! :(

Good one TCamen!

I actually came in here with the intention of voting for Tale of Two Sisters. I felt it got overshadowed by the likes of Ju-on when it was released.

Also I'll second A Mighty Wind... I feel bad I didn't go to see it in the cinema... I got the DVD almost a full year before it's release here.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Vote 1: Memories of Murder

The Return / The Station Agent. Hard to choose. Up goes the coin....and the winner is.....

Vote 2: The Station Agent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Tokyo Godfathers

Raoul Duke wrote:
    The Return / The Station Agent.
    Good choice. I'm going to take Vozvrashcheniye/The Return as my second criminally over-looked movie of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Corperation, the.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

A tale of two sisters

Love me if you dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Napoleon Dynamite. I think it only got a limited release over here but I saw it in Canada and it cracked me up. Funniest movie of the year IMO.

• Advertisement

Bacchus wrote:
    Napoleon Dynamite. I think it only got a limited release over here but I saw it in Canada and it cracked me up. Funniest movie of the year IMO.
    FWIW, it's only out this Friday so that's why we haven't seen it. Still want to nominate it anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

1. Inside I'm Dancing (Well I liked it!)
    2. Coffee and Cigarettes

(Sorry, had to stick #3 'Elephant' in here as well. To hell with the rules :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I think Elephant came out in 2003. Maybe in Ireland it came out in 2004. I don'e know. Brilliant film! :D

My vote: Resident Evil: Apocalypse. It was great for an action movie and fans of the game (right here) would be pleased. Not to say there weren't better films that were underrated but I think this was very underrated.

My 2nd vote: Adam & Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think Elephant came out in 2003. Maybe in Ireland it came out in 2004. I don'e know. Brilliant film! :D

Elephant came out here on Jan 30th 2004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Inside I'm Dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Ixoy,
    I'v been away for quite a while and I'm nominating it based on the reception it got in Canada - only a handful of cinemas in Toronto were showing it, all of them small art house cinemas. I think it didn't the audience it deserved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement