Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Movie Moment of 2004

Options
  • 07-12-2004 1:00pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nominations here for what you thought was the best movie moment of 2004. This isn't the best movie - it might be a very good scene in a very bad movie. Something that's stuck with you long after you left the theatre.

To be eligible, the scene must be from a movie that was released on Irish cinema screens during the year 2004. Each voter can only nominate a maxiumum of two titles. Any further ones shall be ignored.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Dash running away from those Flying things in The Incredibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'Don't Stop Me Now' pool-cue scene in 'Shaun of The Dead'
    The last minute of 'Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind' with the chat in the hallway / looping flashback sequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

man on fire, densel,the plastique and some guys ass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr. Incredible driving the car home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

1.Jack Black throwing Ron Burgundy's dog off the bridge, then poor Ron running through the streets lamenting his loss. "Anchorman"

2. Ed and Shaun going through Shaun's record collection to pick which ones to throw at the approaching zombies. "Shaun of the Dead"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Johnny Cash's "When the Man Comes Around" over the opening titles of Dawn of the Dead.
    Any one of the deaths in Switchblade Romance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The end credits of Dawn of the Dead with the camcorder footage intercut with the titles. It was the film that just kept on giving.

I also realy liked the destruction of LA at the hands of the tornados in The Day After Tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The end credits of Dawn of the Dead with the camcorder footage intercut with the titles. It was the film that just kept on giving.

Yeah, 'Dawn of the Dead' had some fun moments, but the depressing camcorder footage was great :D

'A Tale of Two Sisters'...some seriously scary moments, but my fav moment was the revelation about one of the sisters:
    when the dad said to Soo-mi that Soo-yeon was dead! Spine-tingly goodness. Extra points 'cos it wasn't just a twist at the end to make an impact

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Oldboy - the fight in the hallway

The very end of Pieces of April when a series of photos are shown. For some reason it got to me. Thought the film deserved a mention as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

the end of before sunset

nicola finding georgia for the second time in best of youth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Lost in Translation- Suntory time....'That's all he said'

The first fight in hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Ron Burgundy, Brian Fantana, Brick Tamland and Champ Kind - Afternoon Delight.
    Anchorman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

1. Shaun Of The Dead - "I'll do it on the night."
    "This is "the night"."
    And then Shaun does his zombie impression and Ed says "Yeah that's pretty good."

SO FUNNY!!
    Buck Owens wrote:
    Lost in Translation- Suntory time....'That's all he said'

2. That one. ^^^

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Before Sunset - the final scene. Perfect.

Vozvrashcheniye/The Return - Lots of beautifully shot moments, but I'm going with the end scene when
    Ivan's fear of heights leads to his father's death
    . That got to me.

Advertisement