Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some film from the blizzard of odd tonight..

Options
  • 07-12-2004 12:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

There was some film being shown in the "made in Ireland" part of the show.. but I missed the name. It was a starsky and hutch(?) "homage", with lots of drugs.. evil pillheads, a dope smoking judge and a happy ending..

Anyone know the name, and where I can buy it?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It was called "Starsky and Klutz", I think. Sadly, having looked on RTE's website the only info on the Blizzard is from last year's season. If they ever get around to updating it (the info for Podge And Rodge still talks about how Season 8 will be "starting soon") you might find out that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Was it just my T.V. that cut last nights episode short ? Colin has just started showing a clip of Richard Pryor and then the show just stopped short, no credits or anything, just straight to an advertisement for what's coming up on News 2 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw that too. It was really unprofessional, wasn't it? Maybe scheduling was running late or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Or maybe the fact that Richard Pryor said the F-word while Colin was bleeped... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

The lads who made it are mates of mine. We were telling them for ages that they should send it in and luckily they did. It was actually called two names, depending on which one of the lads ye were talking to: the very inmaninative name "De Film" or "Cop Show"

I missed it last night, rte were supposed to give them a weeks notice before hand but never did, the bástards.

They're in the preocess of making a "collectors" dvd with the film and the clip from the Blizzard of Odd last night. If anyone is interested in getting a copy let me know and i'll pass it on to them, they'll be delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

put me on the list scruff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The way RTE just "ended" Blizard was a disgrace, if they're running two mins late so what? I thought Colin Murphys desection of the Late Late toy show was good esp Kenny's complete inability to speak to small children.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

another great episode of one of the few good irish tv shows

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The thing you've got to wonder; did they do it(the sudden ending) on purpose? I wouldn't really put it past them :D I think they, or someone else did a similair stunt before. Got a good few people talking about it. Free publicity, and all.

=-=

Also, Scruff, put me on the list. Didn't see it, but it sounds good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I don't think it was cut off because is was running over time, it was only ten past when it went off air, the news wasn't supposed to be on until 10:15 so there was no panic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe it was a post-modern joke. A bit late though Alexis Sayle was "ending" his shows after 10 mins over a decade back!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

mike65 wrote:
    Maybe it was a post-modern joke. A bit late though Alexis Sayle was "ending" his shows after 10 mins over a decade back!

Mike.

Maybe the whole of RTÉ is a post-modern joke?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maybe the entire concept of post modernism is a joke in itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Flamingfud

Mordeth wrote:
    maybe the entire concept of post modernism is a joke in itself?

In a way, that's the most post-modernist thing anyone can ever say. Well done, that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

scruff you have got to put me on that list thats probably the funniest thing i have ever seen, "i find the defendant guilty of na-in" o my god i missed everything after that coz i was laughing so hard, gotta get that dvd

please

please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Scruff wrote:
    The lads who made it are mates of mine. We were telling them for ages that they should send it in and luckily they did. It was actually called two names, depending on which one of the lads ye were talking to: the very inmaninative name "De Film" or "Cop Show"

I missed it last night, rte were supposed to give them a weeks notice before hand but never did, the bástards.

They're in the preocess of making a "collectors" dvd with the film and the clip from the Blizzard of Odd last night. If anyone is interested in getting a copy let me know and i'll pass it on to them, they'll be delighted!
    put me down 2 pls

Advertisement