Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New skatepark being built in dublin

Options
  • 06-12-2004 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Dublin City Council are building a skatepark in Bushy Park (between Templeogue and Terenure- South Dublin). They have put together a questionaire to try and gauge what the users of the park would like to see in it. They have visited parks in Scotland - Livingstone, Kelvin Grove, Kinross and Perth and indicated that Kinross is the closest in size to what they intend to build. The budget and size of the park will be limited.....the size of the park will be equivilant to 2 basketball courts. Attached is a word doc of the questionaire or copy and paste the one below. If you run a website please post this on it, if you run a shop print up a stack and stick them out on your counter... the more people who know about skatepark design that get involved the better. I would encourage people to send in shots of public parks that they think would be suitable. Elements to bear in mind are weather-proof qualities , vandal-proof qualities, durability, maintenance /upkeep requirements, suitability to a wide level of skills and tastes. Please distribute this to any skaters / riders you know. Send all completed questionaires to sean.redmond@dublincity.ie
    SKATEPARK QUESTIONNAIRE

Dublin City Council is planning to build a skatepark. As this is the first public facility of its kind in Dublin we want to get it right, so we need your help! We realise that without any input from skaters the project will be a failure, so we are asking you to take some time to answer the questions below. Just tick the relevant boxes and add your own comments.

1. I am: a skateboarder ‪ an in line skater ‪ BMX cyclist ‪

2. I am_______years old.

3. What type of skatepark would you prefer?

A concrete skatepark ‪ A ramp style skatepark ‪

4. Would you use a skatepark in a park situation?

Yes ‪ No, I only like street skating ‪

5. Would you travel a distance (over 3kms) to use a good facility?

Yes ‪ No ‪

6. Have you used any skateparks outside Ireland?

Yes ‪ No ‪

If yes give examples, what type were they, and how did you rate them?

7. What elements would be in your perfect Skatepark?

Transitions‪ Bowls‪ Steps‪ Ramps‪ Grind rails‪ Any other features?

8. If you’re feeling artistic you could roughly sketch out a plan of your perfect Skatepark on the back of this sheet and add any comments that you may have.

If you want updates on the development of the skatepark please leave your name, telephone and an e-mail address: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If you’ve got any more ideas you can contact me at; sean.redmond@dublincity.ie Please send or drop in this questionnaire before the 17th of December to:

Sean Redmond (Assistant Parks Superintendent),

Dublin City Council,

Department of Environment and Culture,

Floor 1, Block 4,

Civic Offices, Wood Quay,

Dublin 8.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Nudge to top..... come on peeps this is IMPORTANT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Hey chief, form has been completed and submitted long ago :)
    I urge anyone who has ever stepped on a skateboard/rollerblades to do the same please! All I can say is it's about god damned time :eek:

Advertisement