Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Saturday Morning TV

Options
  • 05-12-2004 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much people can remeber of old Saturday morning TV. For example Transformers, Samurai Pizza Cats and C.O.P.S.

I cant remember the names of the shows that used ot air them such are MotorMouth and the one set on the big sort of space ship with the greeen snot like alien presenter? Most of the really good stuff was on UTV eg Pizza Cats and Centurions. There was also alot of good stuff on Sky and the Childrens Channel.

All memories welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

well today in work in dunnes walking by the usually crappy dvd section (manager hasnt a clue) i see a stand of the usually rubbish until something caught my eye there in all its glory was a dvd of mask the coolest cartoon after transformers so i parted with my fiver BARGAIN ran home,grapped the coco pops a blanket ran up to my room threw blanket over me head and got sucked in to it as soon as i heard M M M M Mask crusaders Oh the memories
    Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Which branch do you work in if you dont mind revealing? PM?

i have told we had about 6 copies plus other oldies like mario show etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Scratch saturday with Pajo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

the one set on the big sort of space ship with the greeen snot like alien presenter

Get Fresh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

street sharks used to be absolutely brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Well for one thing I don't remember COPS even being on on a Saturday morning? By my reckoning It used to be on weekday mornings on SKY at 730am because I defo remember watching it before heading out to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Brock wrote:
    well today in work in dunnes walking by the usually crappy dvd section (manager hasnt a clue) i see a stand of the usually rubbish until something caught my eye there in all its glory was a dvd of mask the coolest cartoon after transformers so i parted with my fiver BARGAIN ran home,grapped the coco pops a blanket ran up to my room threw blanket over me head and got sucked in to it as soon as i heard M M M M Mask crusaders Oh the memories
    Brock
    Mask is on Fox Kids sometimes.

My all-time faveourite is Airwolf. I've always loved military stuff that fly, and Airwolf was that, and more. Also, it was the only one @ the time which had a decent plot (compared to the likes of McGuiver).

I remeber watching it on weekday afternoons too, but most of teh good cartoons used to be on Saturday mornings I just had to throw Cops into teh mix. Although Starcom was another great cartoon that never really made it to the Saturday morning slot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Anything Goes...
    Muppet Babies...

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote:
    Mask is on Fox Kids sometimes.

My all-time faveourite is Airwolf. I've always loved military stuff that fly, and Airwolf was that, and more. Also, it was the only one @ the time which had a decent plot (compared to the likes of McGuiver).

Just as long as you don't include the Season4 stuff in that statement. Probably the biggest sharkjump in TV history!

Yes I remember watching that for an entire summer once, every weekday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

BuffyBot wrote:
    Get Fresh

gilbert.jpg

Does anyone else remember "Ring Raiders" Belisarius opened a thread in retro looking for the name. It's the one where there were pilots taken from different time periods to help fight the bad guys who had also taken pilots from different time periods.

They all had rings that when pushed into the console their plans would become more powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

what about ''pops programme'' on channel 4. Some of i my best one's were He-man, TopCat(s) and of course yogi bear
    :p

I even got a CHIPS motorbike WITH PEDALS and the CHIPS uniform,

Kids these days....always in front of thier computers :rolleyes: Yeah right if i had my kick ass computer back then, forget chips and heman, t'would have a BFV or HL2 or COD 12 hour marathon session just like now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

sharkie and george. the crimebusters of the sea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Dogtanian on BBC and TCC. Brilliant stuff

One for all and all for one................

This wasn't on a Sat, but does anyone remember the series with Buck Rogers and a chinese kid on Net 2?

Rimini Riddle with puppets, v good and became scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I just remembered Ovideo, the spanish cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone remember Bravestarr?

Yeah that was great with Tex Mex and Scuz

• Advertisement

Snowbat wrote:
    gilbert.jpg

Now there's a flashback! Was he called Gilbert or something similiar?

Edit : Actually never mind - thei file 'properites' indicates as much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭dundealgan

Kazujo wrote:
    Does anyone else remember "Ring Raiders" Belisarius opened a thread in retro looking for the name. It's the one where there were pilots taken from different time periods to help fight the bad guys who had also taken pilots from different time periods.

They all had rings that when pushed into the console their plans would become more powerful.

Yes kazujo i remember Ring Raiders, i even have a video of it!! Thought it was so cool !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

The_Edge wrote:
    Anyone remember Bravestarr?

Yeah what was that all about, the name really rings a bell!

dundealgan wrote:
    Yes kazujo i remember Ring Raiders, i even have a video of it!! Thought it was so cool !!

Is this a video cassette or a movie file?

Yeah what was that all about, the name really rings a bell!

Bravestarr was about a western show set on mars with a mechanical horse i am sure his name was twenty twenty quit a good show he had the strenght of a bear speed of a puma i cant remember what else good show
    Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Horse's name was 30-30. His gun was called Sarah Jane. smile.gif

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Sans Serif](strength of the bear, speed of the puma, eyes of the hawk, ears of the wolf)

Bravestarr%201986.jpg

Not sure if it's still been shown on TV though?
    I'm sure I had the C64 game too. *sniff*
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Kazujo wrote:
    Just wondering how much people can remeber of old Saturday morning TV. For example Transformers, Samurai Pizza Cats and C.O.P.S.

Ha ha - the second I read Samurai Pizza Cats the theme tune came into my head... it used to be something like....

"Samurai Pizza Cat.... oh YEAH!!..."

The Gummi Bears was a big fav of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

For those of you that don't have it, get Sky Digital for some major childhood flashbacks. Mask, Ulysses (spl?), Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Danger Mouse, Gummi Bears, Mr Ben, that thing with that pink and white striped cat that I still find a bit weird, can all be found on one of the kids channels most nights.

Fox kids show, Mask, Ulyses and Jayce and the wheeled warriors from about 10 every night. God bless digital

• Advertisement
Advertisement