Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying mp3 player in the US

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Shorter warranties on stuff from the US. I personally would just buy it here, 55 euro isn't much of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Um no you won't save 55 euro. In fact, you'll probably get hit for nearly that much in customs duty.

Plus, this guy is shipping only to the U.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

aye, you'll probably get stung for customs too, forgot about that! Plus you'll have to wait longer.

The only way to get the U.S. discount is to get a friend or relative going over to smuggle one back.
    Plus, U.S. Warranties generally don't apply in Europe. Most organisations will have a US branch, a European Branch, an Asian Branch etc.
    They won't support a device, unless you send it back to their American returns department... usually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

guess i will buy one over here so! thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

No problem.. .I'm actually looking for a Zen Micro too. If you find any cheap ones I'd appreciate if you dropped me a note. :D

Edit: Cheapest I've seen are on www.komplett.ie for €255, but they're not in stock till the new year :(

Advertisement