Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying unusual Christmas presents in Limerick

Options
  • 04-12-2004 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Ok was getting kind of bored buying the same type of presents for people i.e. CD's DVD's Books and the like.

So I was wondering is there anywhere in town or in the shopping centres that has unusual gift ideas.

I'm nalking about the kind of rubbish that gets a laugh and gets thrown into a drawer or the bin two weeks after christmas.

so any ideas and suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

2 years ago for christmas my sister got me flying lessons from the airfield in coonagh
    Pretty damn cool and original present i thought, not overly expensive too around 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Mad on o'connell st

undagi & daktani (sp.?) on william st

both good for "alternative" gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

actually was in mmmMMAD during the weekend and indeed there was some unusual stuff there.

i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

they've some good paintings for sale in java's café.
    and for that special man in your life........tesco are selling liquor cost price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

i dont think you'd throw the paintings in java in a drawer after a week though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A nice set of steak knives is always acceptable.
    You can never have too many steak knives. ;)

Hagar wrote:
    A nice set of steak knives is always acceptable.
    You can never have too many steak knives. ;)

knives are so 1990s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

http://www.topgifts.ie/mall/departmentpage.cfm/newtopgifts

Have a look there. Some unusual stuff, although some is extremely expensive or you could go for Mick Lally's chickens!

or if you're feeling really lazy

http://www.giftvouchershop.ie/

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Argos totaly unique :p
    No seriously there is a place in fox's bow cant think of its name some "interesting" items for sale.
    Could also try heirlooms in cruises street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

You could always try Supermacs gift voucers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Have a look around for the "I want one of those" brochure. They've got really cool and strange gifts there. I don't know where you'll find the brochure though, I found it lying about the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

is that place on denmark St still open? down from McDaids, on the corner? they used to do gadgety stuff from Firebox.com.... Haven't been down in a while ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

A mail-order bride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭hailtothechimp

Try "Hollywood Empire" on Thomas St for all things movie (fanboy) related. If that's your cup of tea of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Zapho wrote:
    Have a look around for the "I want one of those" brochure. They've got really cool and strange gifts there. I don't know where you'll find the brochure though, I found it lying about the house.
    May be the same people with this site. Some pretty good stuff there. Lots of crap too. Just like a visit to a fully stocked Gadget Store then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Ann Summers, thats all i'll say! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Isnt mmmmmmMad closed? Ya id say Ann Summers too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yep those greedy asses shut it down because 'the goods sold in that piticular store could be put to illegal patices in Limerick city", hell for any shop that is willing to pay the city councils rates should be allowed to sell what they want, illegal or 'could be used as an illegal tool'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

IrishMike wrote:
    2 years ago for christmas my sister got me flying lessons from the airfield in coonagh
    Pretty damn cool and original present i thought, not overly expensive too around 50 quid.

flying lessons for €50 woah thats cheap imo

Ann Summers, thats all i'll say! :)

replying to a thread about christmas presents ....in JULY!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement