Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Williams on the Late Late Show

Options
  • 04-12-2004 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else see this interview? IMO, Williams is an incredibly courageous and under-valued journalist, doing a job that endangers his life and exposes some of the most dangerous men in the country. His determination to expose the large sclae drug-dealing scum who have taken a grip of this country, at such a massive risk to himself is admirable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Yeh I saw it and the guy is afraid of no one or nothing. He really knows what he is talking about, these people know him and he knows them very well. His books are so insightful and scarey how he describes the going-ons and how they are happening on all of our doorsteps, or only down the road!!

Just mentioning Veronica Guerin's name should make him shudder but he seems so determined...they didn't stop him last year with the bomb under his car, so I would think that he will continue doing what he is doing.

The guy deserves a lot of credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I found his "Evil Empire" book on the street one day, strange I know, but it is a really great read. Anyone who has any interest in organised crime or how this country has fallen to pieces should give it a read. Some of the things the criminals in this country get away with is dispicable.

I've been particularly infuriated in the past few days with the talk of the release of Gerry McCabes killers and it was great to hear Williams' strong opinion on the matter. Having today seen the American guy who killed the English police-officer get a "whole life sentence" (i.e - he'll never leave prison) and hearing that in Florida he would have got the death penalty, it makes me wonder about this government and this country in general. If McCabes killers get released even a day early the entire country should revolt. We CANT give into the terrorists at Sinn Fein and the IRA, by releasing murderers back onto the streets so they can again partake in extortion and organised crime.

Advertisement