Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FX(289) gets rights to Family Guy!

Options
  • 03-12-2004 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

OK, no articles yet online, but seen an ad on FX289 saying Family Guy starts in Jan 2005! So, it will probably show new episodes, as FX bought syndication for King of the hill and a month later new episodes were shown. So it all sound hopeful! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

FX is a Fox channel , Fox own the rights to them shows.

Check fox website for other tv shows they own , please god kill the man show.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hopefully they will be unedited as Free for All was

good news though (not for those without FX i suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Best... show... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I dunno, i heard they only have the rights to Series 1. and i dunno if they'll show Series 4 either cos the BBC have the UK first run of this new series. maybe tv3 will play it here. they did have FG didnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

KdjaC wrote:
    FX is a Fox channel , Fox won the rights to them shows.

Check fox website for other tv shows they own , please god kill the man show.

AFAIK it has been killed, unfortunately that Kimmel idiot now has a show on NBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think the man shows pretty funny.
    Ok, the girls on trampolines gets old fast, but the rest is pretty good.
    Adam corolla did the voice of death in Family guy btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Has anyone seen the Seinfeld and Superman mastercard ads? They're about 5 minutes long but Joe, our disabled police friend, is the voice behind superman. They're excellent. (sorry if this is a bit off the point..me and a mate of mine were the ones who started that petition a few years ago to get it back)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Any Family Guy on TV is good! :p

X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Family Guy starts in Jan 2005!

When does it start in the US? Could be the same time as here?

Some other reports about Family Guy UK rights:

From planet-familyguy.com:
    UK: BBC will show season 4
    Sunday, October 24, 2004

The BBC has bought the rights to Family Guy season 4, and Seth's new series American Dad. The first three seasons of Family Guy were originally shown on Channel 4 on terrestrial television in the UK (after being shown on SkyOne).

From familyguyfiles.com:
    11-29-2004
    Couple of things ... First, apparently the BBC has bought the rights to the fourth season of Family Guy for our UK friends over there to see. The show will air after the US airings. Thanks to BrianUK for that.

I'm guessing that terrestrial and satellite rights are different and separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Can't imagine BBc showing Series 4 before a sattelite channel. We'll have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i heard it will be on bbc 3 first so u gotta get digital to see it asap

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

Series 4 isn't on in America til July '05 afaik, so i doubt it'll be shown here before then, or even until at least a few months afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

link plesase im scared

every date ive seen has been jan 05

fade2black wrote:
    Has anyone seen the Seinfeld and Superman mastercard ads? They're about 5 minutes long but Joe, our disabled police friend, is the voice behind superman. They're excellent. (sorry if this is a bit off the point..me and a mate of mine were the ones who started that petition a few years ago to get it back)
    He played Puddy in Seinfeld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Zhane wrote:
    I dunno, i heard they only have the rights to Series 1. and i dunno if they'll show Series 4 either cos the BBC have the UK first run of this new series. maybe tv3 will play it here. they did have FG didnt they?

Doubt it - they never went much beyond series 1, so I don't think they'll go for it. (They also never continued with South Park.)

My understanding - unless it's chanrged since I read this - was that the show would be released on DVD *first* (early '05) and then shown in the US later in the year (mid '05.)

Impressive of the Beeb to get a new series over Sky, who never treated it right anyway (lots of cuts.)

That seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

bbc have secured the rights to family guy series 4 and a new series from the makers of family guy called planet american dad...family guy was cancelled after series 3 due to poor ratings but because of massive dvd sales fox gave the go ahead for series 4, the bbc were quick off the mark to aquire it...i dont know why because its probably gonna be bleeped and chopped until each episode is about 10mins long!

Advertisement