Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy training classes??

Options
  • 02-12-2004 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi all
    Does anyone know of any dog/puppy trainig classes in the Athy area?
    many advance tks :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Take a look on www.irishanimals.com. Everything tends to end up there.

But the best puppy-training books you can get are Don't Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor (on amazon).

I haven't seen this DVD myself, but it appears to use Pryor's method:

Train Your Dog - The Positive Gentle Method
    List Price: $19.95

(also on Amazon.com).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ducky

You could try www.dogtrainingireland.com ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

It is a simple thing to train a dog, 10 minutes a night is all it takes. I have seen some good dogs (working springers) sent to training classes because their owners were not, and the dogs came back worse than before.
    What type of dog/pup are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

He is nearly a 6 mth old springer :D
    I think its really me who needs the training! I have got him to sit but am having trouble beyond that :mad: and lead walking....... :eek:
    I contacted the dogtrainingireland guys ,they will have a course in jan but its an hours drive away.I have not found any books yet that Find easy to train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Have 2 springers myself, they are 10 years old now.
    It might be worth your while looking up a video on gun dog training, I know there are a few around that will show you the basics, esp keeping the dogs attention.
    when I was teaching mine I put the lead on them for a few minutes and let them walk around with it on until they get use to the feel of it.Make a hell of a fuss about it when the dog does something right, and after a while the dog will be able to tell by the tone of your voice if it is doing something wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement