Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimecall

Options
  • 01-12-2004 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Was watching Crimecall last night, didn't think it was for real,I thought it was a skit. If they weren't discussing such serious matters I would have laughed. Did they pull Daithi and Breda from some bog in Connemara or what........ And why are the guards reading from cue cards when they are talking about things they discuss everyday, they look like bumbling idiots.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Did they pull Daithi and Breda from some bog in Connemara

It's called having another Irish Accent other then a Dublin one.

But its a pile of ****, even if the had pulled the presenters from Inner City Dublin.
    If they weren't discussing such serious matters I would have laughed.

I did (but then I didn't see very many serious issues, I must of turned over).

Bring back CrimeLine. Did I just say that?

No better still bring back Garda Patrol.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Anyone know why the switch from "Crimeline" to "Crimecall"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

BuffyBot wrote:
    Anyone know why the switch from "Crimeline" to "Crimecall"?

Brought to you by the same muppets who gave us RTE 2, no better yet Network 2, no wait even better RTE 2.

Does it bother anyone else that a chunk of your licence fee was probably spent on the salary of the muppet who thought this was all a fantastic idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

mycroft wrote:
    Does it bother anyone else that a chunk of your licence fee was probably spent on the salary of the muppet who thought this was all a fantastic idea.
    Yes. Yes it does. RTE is 99% waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Looks like they did it on about 10% of the budget of Crimeline. On the first show, the presenter spent about 3 mins interviewing a Guard who had his back to the camera the whole time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement