Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Awards - Category Suggestions

Options
  • 01-12-2004 11:48am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Film Awards are open! Right, the movies covered are only for movies appearing in Irish cinemas for the year 2004. I'll include, I guess, those movies released at the tail end of 2004 and still showing in 2004 (e.g. "Return of the King") but certainly won't include movies released in the U.S. that haven't opened here before a cut-off date of, say, 10th of December. As it's movies released in 2004, this will include the likes of UGC's Tartan Asia Extreme festivael.

OK folks suggest your categories over the next five days or so.

What do you think we should have?

Some obvious ones:

Best Film 2004 - Should we do a Golden Globes and have a seperate Best Comedy/Musical categorey?
    Best Documentary 2004
    Best Foreign Language Film 2004
    Best Actor/Supporting Actor 2004
    Best Actress/Supporting Actress 2004
    Best Screenplay 2004 - do we need to distinguish between adapted and original?
    Best Director 2004
    Best Movie Moment 2004
    Best Score/Soundtrack 2004
    Best Visual Effects 2004
    Honorary Award
    Worst Movie of 2004 (for the laugh)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Don't forget 'Best Animated Feature'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Don't forget 'Best Animated Feature'
    Whoops! Which reminds me, I must get around to seeing "The Incredibles". I'm not arsed with any of the technical Oscar types - costume design, editing, sound editing, etc. - because most of us don't have the skills to appreciate it and wouldn't care enough to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

"Best Villain"
    "Not again" - actor/actress that seemed to appear everywhere
    similarly...
    "Biggest ego" - who had the biggest ego of 2004? 2003's award would have gone to Joel Silver.
    "Most Tragically Overlooked" - what movie should have gotten more attention than it did
    "Best DVD" - what film became the must-have DVD of 2004 (Star Wars probably)
    "Best Newcomer" - Bryce Dallas Howard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

ObeyGiant wrote:
    "Best Villain"

if you have that you have to have best kiss ... and then it's too close to the mtv awards.

I can't think of one movie I saw in the last year that had kissing in it.
    But plenty of bad guys, for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

"Best Film from pre-2004 seen for the first time in 2004" - Probably too big a category though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

uhmm did it have to be in cinema. Tokyo Godfathers is the best "Feel Good" film this year but it went straight to dvd.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    uhmm did it have to be in cinema. Tokyo Godfathers is the best "Feel Good" film this year but it went straight to dvd.
    Good question. I guess we can extend it those films released on DVD this year that had NO CINEMA DEBUT. That would enable you to use that one. There's a handful of others but, to be honest, I doubt we'll see many titles cropping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

lets have best christmas film or feel good film...basically a film which makes you smile really wide...

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    lets have best christmas film or feel good film...basically a film which makes you smile really wide...
    Yeah. A movie that wasn't necessarily good, but gave you a warm glowy feeling and a smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ixoy wrote:
    Yeah. A movie that wasn't necessarily good, but gave you a warm glowy feeling and a smile.
    Does that include films that you watched while receiving oral sex?

Does that include films that you watched while receiving oral sex?
    This being the internet, I can't imagine there'd be too many of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Most Over-rated movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try to keep the total threads at 20 or under. saves threads getting pushed off the bottom of the page that way...

most pokeable star of 2004

Film you're most looking forward to in 2005

Right I'm closing this thread tonight and opening up nominations then.

Any more category suggestions please have them in by then. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

best camel-toe of 2004 :)

All suggestions taken aboard with some to appear, and some not to. But category nominations are closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement