Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pedals!

Options
  • 30-11-2004 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

:D Joy! I just ordered my Christmas pedal shipment from Thomann. Yay! Can't wait. Should be about two weeks, no? I'm going for:

MXR Phase 100
    Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
    BOSS CS-3
    BOSS NS-2

All for the handy price of nearly 400 yoyo's. Mammy's credit card will never be the same! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

hahaha, nice one! thats why my parents wont let me use theirs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Jesus, for that price, I'd for for a Boss ME-50 or GT-6. But that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

nar, cant beat ye old seperates. especially when are arent that mad into Boss stuff. the Big Muff alone is a savage pedal. was it the USA (silver) or Russian (Black) one you ordered?

I don't know, the ME-50 is one hell of a pedal. Beat my seperates, few as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

its all a matter preference really. I was never too impressed with boss pedals myself. just didnt suit my stuff. Ive sold everyone one ive ever had apart from my tuner pedal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

USA reissue. I'm not big on multi-effects. They never seem to nail whatever sound I'm looking for. I likes my individual stompboxes though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

Hi,

These are the same pedals I found on a used guitar gear website:

Under "OTHER NEW/USED PEDALS (ALPHABETICAL LISTING)"

All thses pedals are like new:

109. EH Big Muff Pi never used and immaculate condition, .........$59
    10. Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer, perfect shape in box, .....$59
    31. Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor and Loop, in the box .............$65

And under "MISC VINTAGE EFFECTS"

old, vintage ( :rolleyes: ) but fully functional:

84. "MXR Phase 100, 1981, classic vintage Phaser with the tone of the Phase 90 with much more versatility, get a new reissue for $119 or get the real thing for the same price, $119" (investment potential also...?)

Total of $302 or €226.95 (add about €20 for shipping I'd say and no VAT really because they are all used and not worth that much)

He also had a MXR phase 90 which was a real good bargain.... would have lowered the price to .... €171.38 in total!!

You can save LOADS going used. With the extra cash you save you can buy more stuff. There are people who just like to buy new regardless and, of course, thats fine also, but for us with less cash floating around I'd say USED is the best option.....in FX anyway (and everything else guitarwise!)

Effects on sale here. (Click)

Enjoy your pedals,

Meh. I checked out Chris's stuff but Germany's so much more convenient and yeah, they're new.

Awww Yeah! They've arrived. Super sexual too.
    /drool. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

cool, i got an echo park and a pedal tuner. woohooo! i may build a bigger pedalboard. oh yeah, i got an eq from feylya. a guy on the mike got spiked board is sellin his ns-2 for 30yoyos

• Advertisement

I have an ME-50 incoming :D

Not holding off for the GT-6? ME-50 is a nice multi-effects board though. Enjoy. I love my stompboxes! :D

No. Would you believe, I ordered the ME-50 then was offered a second hand GT-6 for the same price :o

Ah well, excrement occurs.

Such is the crappity of life. Still a nice pedal though.

Yeah, ****ing gorgeous. Nice loud amp too with plenty of clean headspace which is exactly what I need for the ME-50. Means that I'll have a lot of money (hopefully) to spend on a guitar. Whatever I get for the computer plus a bit more hopefully :D

Any candidates then?

Ibanez 1570 - €750 ish
    Ibanez 2770 - €1050 ish
    Epiphone Custom Ebony - €550 ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ahhhhh Epiphone suck balls, when you play the Prestige neck you'll realise this. Don't waste yer money man, you're not going to play the Epi when you get the Ibanez. Buy something else which will enhance your life, like some great shoes or a comforable chair.

Lovely guitars. Should do anything you want them to do.

Ya know, I've never had a really good pair of shoes...

Yeah, I'm tempted by that RG 1570. I know a guy in America that I can ship it to from music123.com (I know of your history with them J) then he'll send it on, marked at a lesser value and as I gift so I won't get stung for import tax. Throw him $50 for his time and I'm still saving a couple of hundred over the prices here!!!

• Advertisement

That's a really nice scam! :)

Ah, you make is sound so dodgy...

It's not a "scam", it a tax evasion plan :D

I'd be saving €100 by waiting an extra couple of weeks and giving the guy $50 but I'd also have a hardcase. Thomann has the guitar for €715 without case.

Meh, beats the "mass execution of charity workers" plot anyway. It's a very nice little system to get a cool guitar and screw over our beloved government! I like this "non-scam". :)

C'mere, look at all the tax money the government squanders on things we don't approve of or support. This is just a small way of making a policital statement saying "I didn't vote for you swindlers, here's some of my money you're not going to give to the GAA" :D

Fight the power!

What? You mean the Charity worker thing isn't going ahead? :(

Yeah, it's a nice way of saving money. But if I get more money, I'll probably get the guitar from Ishibashi and hope I don't get stung by import tax :(

Doctor J wrote:
    "I didn't vote for you swindlers, here's some of my money you're not going to give to the GAA" :D

Fight the power!

Bloody farmers <_<

:D

Ahh I don't mind ther farmers. It's profitable "amatuer" sports getting serious amounts of my tax when there are poor buggers dying on trolleys in hospital corridors that gets me annoyed. If I want my money to go to the GAA, I'll fecking go to a game.

Agreed.

You should consider the shoe thing too. You really can't beat a great pair of shoes :D

• Advertisement

Hmm, I can't find shoes I like. I won't take second hand shoes, they have to be a certain colour, shape and have active dampeners :D

To my PRS thread with you!

Advertisement