Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSG Spoiler Thread - Contains Spoilers

Options
  • 30-11-2004 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Well Fenster and myself seem to have gotten spoilers for the rest of Season One but our spoilers differ slightly so I'm now less certain about my source than I was before.

I propose a thread to discuss spoilers in. I'm guessing we don't need spoiler tags given the nature of the thread, but I'm gonna ask the mod before I post mine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ok I'll start off and see who is weak willed or not.

This will be tagged until Praetorian says I can remove it:

Ok, I'm not as sure about this as I was, but my source (friend of a friend works in Sky) tells me:
    There is a third major cylon player on board BSG (if you count Boomer and Six). This explains who is keeping the Cylons informed of Boomers movements and actions. He is also playing Boomer slightly (the graffiti) and is so far unsuspected and has only featured briefly. Its Boxey. There are a few clues throughout the season so far that point to this; camera angles of cylons Six is speaking to, Boxey's backtalk to adults and his origin. In the 2-part season finale Boxey and Boomer will have a confrontation and much will be revealed.

A Six clone will meanwhile reappear in corporeal form and have a mammoth bitch smackdown with one Kara Thrace. Boomer will shoot Adama and Helo will make it back to some comrades and Balthar will realise why Six has been pushing him towards accepting Cylon religion......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

syke wrote:
    Well Fenster and myself seem to have gotten spoilers for the rest of Season One but our spoilers differ slightly so I'm now less certain about my source than I was before.

I propose a thread to discuss spoilers in. I'm guessing we don't need spoiler tags given the nature of the thread, but I'm gonna ask the mod before I post mine.

Hi Syke,

Thanks for the PM. I don't really have a problem with the idea, but I'd like to confirm c0y0te is okay with it as well. Personally I want to avoid reading all spoilers, which may mean the thread won't be moderated. Perhaps we'll be able to rely on users reporting bad posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I will keep any eye on things, and as long as the following conditions are met, we should be ok:-

1) all spoiler text to be included within the SPOILER TAGS.. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
    2) Any reports of abuse - either contact myself or Praetorian, don't just throw negative rep around or bitch n moan within the thread. Use the Private message facility to contact a mod - that's what its there for.
    3) Please remember that if you refer to this thread OUTSIDE of this thread - it still contains spoilers so do not discuss the content anywhere but here please.

This is all in the interests of keeping the season of episodes as entertaining for people as possible. If you really want to know whats coming, feel free to ask/post here or just PM each other privately if you wish.. but please remember at all times that there are a bunch of us who want to enjoy the series as it was intended as well, including the surprises in store along the way.

I don't think this will be an issue because most of the posters in this forum seem reasonable people and very interested in the topics, so post away, use spoilers and enjoy yourselves. :D

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

The battle in the Hand of God is supposed to be something else-bits of it were possibly seen in the early trailers of the series in shots of Vipers attacking a Basestar in the rings of a gas giant.

And yes, I love space battles, so sue me.

Also, the possible cliffhanger ending is a military coup. Gateworld has some shots of Apollo on Colonial 1 with a gun drawn on Tigh, if you want to have a gander.

EDIT: What I was told on Boxy was that he isn't a Cylon, but rats on her-read the episode guide for "Water"-it mentions a scene at the end that didn't make it to screen where he goes through her stuff and finds the wet towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm almost tempted to take a look ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Must....resist....urge....to...look.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

urgh, the temptation, get me out of this thread!!!

Give in...

Please reply here if you're weak and read the spoilers. :D

Well tonight's episode earns a few mentions here. First was the dream sequence. In El Presidente's dream, she's getting chased by Galactica's marines. Obens helps her avoid them and then after he's sucked away suddenly-he appears again and tells her he has an imporant message. I took this as to hint we'll see him again.

For the marines, pictures up on Gateworld show armed marines-along with Tigh in combat gear-on Colonial One, with Lee Adama having his gun drawn on the good Colonel. He's been a stout supporter of the El Presidente so far, so this hints again at there being a military coup, with Lee coming down on her side in it.

Watching that, I was really stuck by the surreal second season episode of Babylon 5, where when Sheridan is injured and comatose, Kosh comes to him in visions and reveals the future.

Next up, Obens tells Kara that she has a manifest destiny-perhaps related to the end of the season. We know at this point she has a mammoth bitch fight with Six, and kills her (possibly after having asked Kara "Are you alive?"). He also told Kara that they would find Kobol and then find the path to Earth. Perhaps she helps find it?

However, there were a lot of subtleties in the episode, so I need to watch it again after I download it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ok couple of things have come up

1. Spoiler/Rumour - Rating - likely/unconfirmed
    Helo makes it off caprica in some form or another it seems, all the way to Kobol no less

2. Spoiler/Rumour - Rating - fact
    Originally the show had intending to separate the Boomers by the way their hair was styled, Caprica to the left and BSG to the right. I haven't been keeping track, but I'm not sure if this is still in play

3. Spoiler - rating - possible/unsure
    It seems Balthar may incite boomer to shoot adama, whether this would be blackmail over her cylon-ness, an order from six to balthar or whether the rumour of adama's cylon-ness is out isn't clear. Caprica Boomer may also make it to BSG (as Helo appears to).

I saw Crashdown in the Kobol pictures, but not Helo. Did I miss something?

Advertisement