Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interpol

• 29-11-2004 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

INTERPOL Announce Olympia Gig for April 2005
    New yorks finest Interpol have just confirmed a special intimate show at the Olympia Theatre on April 6th 2005.

Tickets go on sale this Friday 3rd December and are 33.00 euro including booking fee.

:D excellent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow, that's pricey. And it's hardly intimate.

Still, I'm sure alot of people are glad they're coming back, including myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Best news ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

I just heard this morning...have been checking their website for months and when I saw they were doing the UK and not us, I presumed that was that!

Super news!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Now to try and get tickets. Does this mean they are available on ticketmaster from midnight on thursday or what?

Getting tickets for these Olympia gigs is well nigh impossible, as I found with both the Strokes and Kraftwerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

54 views? Thats 54 people who might get a ticket before me.

If I don't get a ticket....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

54 views? Thats 54 people who might get a ticket before me.

If I don't get a ticket....
    You'll get one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

magpie wrote:
    Now to try and get tickets. Does this mean they are available on ticketmaster from midnight on thursday or what?

Getting tickets for these Olympia gigs is well nigh impossible, as I found with both the Strokes and Kraftwerk.

Lately when ticketmaster says 9am thats what they mean.I know in the past its been possible to get tickets for gigs earlier that week online but when feeder went on sale 3 weeks ago it was at 9am sharp. I thought it was relatively easy to get tickets for the strokes?? and kraftwerk didnt sell out for about a week. Even both nights at radiohead in the Olympia didnt sell out for a full 36 hours but if youre really worried about getting them, I believe the Soundcellar often allow customers to book a ticket from them with an upfront deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Yep they have been keeping it to 9am sharp. The Strokes went on sale just before Christmas that time (gig was the following Easter) and a lot of people I know were so caught up in the Christmas madness they missed out.

Kraftwerk sold out on the day it went on sale, well apart from the "exclusive" ones that Comet decide to print out in bulk meaning that some people outside Dublin who made the effort to try and get tickets that morning missed out. A few shops in Dublin don't go through the Ticketmaster system (they have a fixed number of tickets to sell) - Soundcellar, Road, sometimes City Discs in Temple Bar as well (depending on the gig).

Not 100% sure about Soundcellar taking deposits though (I know Road Records don't).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Hurrah!!now i know what to ask santa for 4 xmas...

The Strokes went on sale just before Christmas that time (gig was the following Easter) and a lot of people I know were so caught up in the Christmas madness they missed out.

They went on sale just after Christmas if I remember correctly, I was relying on being emailed by MCD (I'd been pestering them for weeks with 'about the tickets?' 'when are the tickets for sale?' 'can I have the tickets?') so I missed out completely as I wasn't in work, and amazingly it being christmas I wasn't checking my email daily. But seeing as the guy who swore blind he'd let me know when they went on sale didn't bother his arse anyway, it made no difference. I'm sure nobody in MCD missed out on a ticket though ;)

Incidentally, Road Records are still waiting to hear back from MCD if, and how many, tickets they will be given, so you might want to get in touch with them.

• Advertisement

Tickets available now from ticketmaster.ie . I've got my 45 tickets, now to invest in a donkey jacket.*

Anyone buyin' or sellin' tickets?

*this is not actually true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yes! 2 days after my thesis submission and all. God bless you and your timing Interpol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Doesnt seem to be any more standing tickets (online at least).I'd imagine there wont be many tickets left at all by monday.Hope everyone got theres

road records have standing tickets afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

\o/

*dances* :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

Only seems to be Upper Circle available, typically I find out too late. I'll be damned if I'm gonna stay up in Upper Circle to see these guys - I've never seen em live before. Are Road still selling standing tixs does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

wrafter wrote:
    Are Road still selling standing tixs does anyone know?

Why don't you...RING THEM? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

Wish it were so easy eth0_, but I'm not in Ireland, don't have the phone number, not near a phone line, and currently posting this from half way up a mountain, without my credit card to hand. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

wrafter wrote:
    Wish it were so easy eth0_, but I'm not in Ireland, don't have the phone number, not near a phone line, and currently posting this from half way up a mountain, without my credit card to hand. Seriously.
    Cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement