Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ahhhhhhhhhh!

Options
  • 29-11-2004 3:58pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭


    going for my first ever interview for a six month co-op program with BOSE in the states. anyone got any final words of encouragement for me? :confused:


Comments

  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar


    i hear al quaeda are planning another attack on american soil in the new year...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave


    Mordeth wrote:
    i hear al quaeda are planning another attack on american soil in the new year...

    hope they dont hit Boston then....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0


    sound_wave wrote:
    going for my first ever interview for a six month co-op program with BOSE in the states. anyone got any final words of encouragement for me? :confused:

    Yeah.....be yourself! ;) MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave


    i knew someone was gonna say that


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky


    If it doesn't seem to be going well, try putting your tongue in the interviewer's ear. If you're going down, you may as well go down in flames...


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave


    unfortunatly for me its a video conference interview...fancy stuff i know...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan


    dont tell them about your little accident you had at the last place you worked!!! i have never seen so many fire engines than i did that day


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh


    from my experience with BOSE Reps in the past, just remember..... BOSE IS THE BEST THING SINCE FREE PORN!!!!!, LOL
    they are quite brainwashed in that company, say you've seen similar systems, but nothing could compair with the quality of pure soundof the Bose systems, and ... and... and.. ohyeah, they are worth every bit of their money, ;-)
    then they will eat out of your hand, hehe


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!


    Tell a joke. I like jokes.

    Walk in with a stupid craig david mask and shout BOSE-LECTA!!

    Job is in the bag ;)


    please note: bin bag may apply


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave


    Gilgamesh wrote:
    from my experience with BOSE Reps in the past, just remember..... BOSE IS THE BEST THING SINCE FREE PORN!!!!!, LOL
    they are quite brainwashed in that company, say you've seen similar systems, but nothing could compair with the quality of pure soundof the Bose systems, and ... and... and.. ohyeah, they are worth every bit of their money, ;-)
    then they will eat out of your hand, hehe

    Since free porn...you jest!! will take it on board my friend, if all else fails and im losing it ill just leave them with that little jem and the positions as good as mine.!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh


    i have a large penis.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    karlh wrote:
    i have a large penis.
    I can't quite make the connection there....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan


    Sarky wrote:
    If it doesn't seem to be going well, try putting your tongue in the interviewer's ear. If you're going down, you may as well go down in flames...
    sound_wave wrote:
    unfortunatly for me its a video conference interview...fancy stuff i know...
    ask them to cyber then :)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!


    a/s/l


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky


    /me puts on his robes and wizard hat


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v


    Repeatedly pause mid-sentence, with mouth open and don't blink. Hold breath for 20 seconds and then start talking in the middle of a completely different sentence. They'll presume that the video conferencing equipment is fuxt and that they missed the bits where you came across as a good candidate.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave


    well...

    walked in to the video conference room and bam 5 people staring at me, boy was i crapping it! Anyway, played it cool and talked the talk, if i dont get it ill have learned a little more about the interview process.

    phew..thank **** thats over :)


  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo


    I had an interview this morning for a part time job while at college(nothin fancy) Best one I've ever had. first thing she said was " now dont go into interview mode, this isn't a court of law, its just me having a chat with you" If i am ever in the position where i'm interviewing someone i'm going to say that because it made me relax so much and then I was able to think straight. I just hope i get the ****in job now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee


    my last job before this one the first words my boss said to me in the interview was "what'rye drinkin? heiniken? right" and got me a pint :D

    all job interviews should be done in the pub


Advertisement