Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mtv on a mad one

Options
  • 29-11-2004 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

anyone else notice mtv starts falling off the bottom of the screen in the eveing time?

by about midnight all thats left is about two inches of the top
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    OOOOOOOOOOO

mtv ^^^^^
    with O being whats visible on screen
    sometimes it goes off a bit and then comes back
    sometimes it goes really quick

is it just ntl being pants as usual?

ntl standard by the way not digi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I think this only applies to you.

mine is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I just get half a screen on MTV some times. Magnified. The full screen is taken up with the top half.

MTV is **** anyway. IMO. Watched Roma And Michell not a great film but MTV dubbed over all of the curse words. for fúck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

crap :/

i only noticed it when they started showing moives last week.
    there probably jsut trying to annoy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

mine is ok as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I noticed this too
    thought it was something to do with widescreen or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Yea i`ve got it too on ntl basic. it only happens on some days; i`m left with ****ty TMF then. The fabulous live of Brittany Spears from 6years ago :confused: what a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thought they started playing music again.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

:eek: not bloody likely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    Ah now here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Yep, my MTV is knackered on NTL. ON the plus side TMF was showing a VH1 documentary about Queen, which was worth it for John Deacon's hairstyles alone.

• Advertisement

Apart from the dubbing over curses/ the blurring of naughty bits (re breasts) at 11 pm, the fact they never play music videos.... Hough....(deep breath in....) what REALLY bugs me is this stupid white thing that goes all over the place when they do ACTUALLY play a music video :mad: That does my bloody head in.... Grrrrr need tranqs......

Better :cool: hmmm

Pimp My Ride is class though. And you can then flick over to Discovery for OCC. Preferably while drinking beer and scratching your arse.

magpie wrote:
    Pimp My Ride is class though. And you can then flick over to Discovery for OCC. Preferably while drinking beer and scratching your arse.
    What an image....
    Would you be stroking your various eagle tattoo's at the same time?

and running my fingers through my mullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i see this on ntl but then it is perfect on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

same was happening with me

but did anyone notice mtv showing full nudity on friday night at 9pm???

they were showing pictures of pairs hiltons nipples and other naughty bits

i was shocked and appalled

magpie wrote:
    Pimp My Ride is class though.
    Ahh now, in all fairness its pretty crap. I like seeing the revamped cars, but if i was getting my ride pimped i`d tell them to forget about seeing how many 15`LCD screens with playstations they can stick in my car; instead put the money into my engine. The worst is the peoples reactions; you just know before they start recording Xzibit tells them to use "cool phrases" e.g. "thats sick" at least 5 times !!

Mm, point taken. I always like to to think into the future when these people have the equivalent of Megadrives welded into their cars. Having said that I enjoy watching the rednecks / pipe-beatin' niggas who are responsible for assembling the 'pimped' rides.

I wish they'd pimp my ride, I'd sell it immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Anyone notice when the people get their cars pimped they're like, "This is just the first step, this is going to be the start of big things for me", as if they're going to conquer the world.
    I don't get it, what do they actually think having a pimped up car is going to change about their lives(apart from getting more ass).

madrab wrote:
    but did anyone notice mtv showing full nudity on friday night at 9pm???

9pm watershed!!!

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    9pm watershed!!!
    as opposed to bleeping the word ass in a film that started at 10.30pm?

there just idiots in that staion i would think...

Chalk wrote:
    there just idiots in that staion i would think...

agreed

Yeah, "my new car is goin to open up a world of possibilities". You can impress the new boss with built-in fish bowls +LCD screens tied to your 26inch giovanni wheels; nice one Mike (the electrics guy) :rolleyes: Although that little mexican that does the upholstery is unreal. But, at the end of the day life is really only the endless pursuit of ass so maybe those "nigros down westcoast" do give people a new begining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Ruffty^ wrote:
    Yeah, "my new car is goin to open up a world of possibilities". You can impress the new boss with built-in fish bowls +LCD screens tied to your 26inch giovanni wheels; nice one Mike (the electrics guy) :rolleyes: Although that little mexican that does the upholstery is unreal. But, at the end of the day life is really only the endless pursuit of ass so maybe those "nigros down westcoast" do give people a new begining :D

Are you saying the Mexican is unreal because hes working? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

BolBill wrote:
    Are you saying the Mexican is unreal because hes working? :confused:
    No because he`s quite talented at his job, for a mexican :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Ruffty^ wrote:
    No because he`s quite talented at his job, for a mexican :)

Are you implying that Mexicans are generally talentless ? :)

ye-NO. I`m not going down the road that leads to a band from boards; so.......
    Mexicans are good guys and hard workers and have great accents; it`s like i never said otherwise but this is for skeptics such as BolBill. For example that Heineken add full of mexicans is brilliant although i can`t understand how two lousy keggs is enough for an entire bar full of thirsty mexicans..enough about our north american friends.
    -what about Alex Zanes "Lameness and crappy sence of humour?!
    -Tim Cash destroys him and we only see him the odd time

Advertisement