Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough Collies

Options
  • 29-11-2004 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to find breeders for rough collies. DOes anyone know where I can buy these puppies. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I hope this isn't going to be a Christmas present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

This is definetely not a christmas present! Even if it was there is people in todays society who do care about dogs aswell you know and are capable of looking after pets, although I know there is a horrible stigma attached to Pets/Christmas presents.

However, I had a rough collie for the last 6yrs, it originally came from my wife's father's farm down in Kerry, originally helped with the cows etc, it was farmdog. It was the most placid and friendly dog that you could ever get and adjusted to being a house no problem at all, such a quite and gracious dog. I do not think I would like any other dog other then a rough collie. It died of old age and I have not got a dog since. The dog is for myself and I would be looking for it immediately if available. However, I would appreciate information on how to get such a dog albeit even if they werent available, even until February,March or later. Unless its a very late Christmas present I hope I can put your mind at ease and assure you its definetely not for this purpose I want a dog.

Regards,

ice27 wrote:
    This is definetely not a christmas present! Even if it was there is people in todays society who do care about dogs aswell you know and are capable of looking after pets

OK, I was only asking. I'll leave it to someone else to answer you.

Hey Neev,

No hard feelings, I did'nt mean to go off on one, apologies.

I just dont like being labelled under the same tag as those toerags. Sorry for the rant! If you have any info I would be grateful.

Thanks

Ok so that's grand. :)
    Just what with the time of year and all...

The Irish Kennel Club (http://www.ikc.ie ) should be able to give you a list of good breeders in your area. Should you decide to have a look in the Buy & Sell etc as well, be very wary of ads avdertising more than one breed at a time for sale (usually dealers/puppy farms).

Rough Collies are actually my favourite breed...when I have the time and money I'll be getting one myself...

• Advertisement

Hi Neev,

I can understand your concerns,

Thanks for the reply and the links, much appreciated. Yeah I agree they are an absolutely fantastic dog with a great temperment, hopefully my search will be afruitful one.

Thanks again. :)

Advertisement