Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weber BBQ deals in Woodies / B&Q

• 26-06-2024 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

I was in woodies earlier and heard one of the employees mention to a customer about a deal that started today.

They have a Weber Q2000 for €299 but apparently there is a €145 cash back with Weber once you send in your receipt.

I haven’t looked at the T&Cs yet so unsure of how many hoops you have to jump through to get the cashback.

Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

That's a great deal!

Easy enough to add a thermometer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭JVince

Had a look at the terms and conditions and nothing out of the ordinary. Receipt, barcode, serial number and bank details. Purchase from 26th June to 27th Aug.

7500 max redemptions and a countdown clock is on the Website - 7472 left.

Seems a genuine decent deal

https://je-participe.fr/offer_weber_summer2024/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

That is an utter bargain for a great BBQ. Code First10 should knock another 10% off too!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Have the exact same one. Great little BBQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

if you get a wrinkly to purchase it for you on a Tuesday or Thursday you might get an extra 10% off👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Absolute steal. Paid 300 for it during Covid a its still working perfect..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just looked, I paid €270 for the same one a couple of years ago. Still delighted with it, working perfectly. Great little BBQ, would definitely recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Offer applies to spirit and genesis also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not just in woodies looks like an open offer…

From June 26th to August 27th, enjoy sizzling savings when you purchase selected Weber BBQs!

Buy selected Weber Q and get €145 cash back
    Buy selected Weber Spirit and get €225 cash back
    Buy selected Weber Genesis and get €350 cash back
    Claim your cash back directly from Weber and make your summer BBQ dreams come true!

And unusually, it seems much cheaper here in Ireland than anywhere else. €154 net price is brilliant for a decent BBQ - far better than the utter crap home store pretend to sell at a "discount" from an artificially high made up RRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

Anyone know does it include gas hose connector / regulator ?? Manual says may be included 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭djdunny

I’ll tell you tomorrow. Going to pick one up. Offer is too good not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Do woodies sell the gas too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Weber state " This offer cannot be combined with voucher codes, discounts or other promotions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭ablelocks

homebase have weber on sale - 10% discount. may still be eligible for the cashback

Have you seen their prices? If the UK is anything to go by, it's €150 more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I hate those , just guarantee me my money please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭Ted222

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Exceptionally good deal, we stock Weber where I work and I picked up an E320 myself today. Must get on that redemption tomorrow.

I do wish there was a bit broader of a scope but most of the models are getting a minor-major redesign for the 2025 season, the Q being a prime example, and sales are down in the European market so it seems Weber are clearing house of older stock and trying to drive up their annual returns, but it just shows what the profits are like on the units if they can afford to give you back near 50% of the cost of the Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

Includes the regulator and hose. Just make sure you buy Patio Gas for it!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DataDude

Q2000 just discounted by €50 in woodies but not sure if this makes it ineligible for the cashback. Would be €100 if it was still eligible!

Website has reduced price of 249 and shows cashback offer from Weber on it as a mega deal.......just placed the order 😁

Weber site explicitly states This offer cannot be combined with voucher codes, discounts or other promotions.  

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Me too, one of the best bargain alerts yet! It's clear on woodies screen that it qualifies for the offer even at the reduced price. €105 for a weber, nice!

Thanks OP!

I would take as it cannot be combined with other vouchers etc entered when buying the product from Weber site.....We shall wait and see ....fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭JDxtra

With the awful weather in May and June, there must be warehouses full of new BBQs. Great BBQ, only flaw is the stand is a bit flimsy.

Have only used mine 3 times so far this year - normally it would be 30 times by end of June!

But for this price, great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mel123

very tempted and I know it’s just for a quick and easy bbq but no rack for cooked items to say in and no temperature gauge. as JD said, come September all bbq’s will be half price

I still might buy it tho 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DataDude

Yep this was my concern but multiple retailers explicitly showing the €145 cashback along with the discounted price which would be fairly misleading if it didn’t work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Also in the don't need a bbq, but finding it hard to pass up group. We've always used a Weber kettle - trying to decide if it's worth having a gas bbq as well? I probably won't need much convincing in fairness.

Weber themselves are discounting the price on their website and advertising the offer on the same page, so I'd assume it's not an industrywide scam of some sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

In the same boat, much prefer cooking on charcoal with my kettle. Gas would be at be handy though some times when just want to cook a couple of burgers or chicken skewers or don't want to smell of smoke! @ €105 it's very tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Picked one up this morning for €249 in Lucan, great deal at that price, even better with the cash back offer.

The cream version of this was €449 in B&Q

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭mjp

This is down to €249 on Woodies website from €299 which means you would get it for €104 with discount. I'm wary of whether weber will honour discount if the price is discounted already as they state it in t&c's that offer cant be combined with vouchers, discount codes etc.

I suppose, fwiw, the two common Q series models, Q2000 vs Q2200, the latter of which is in or around €100 more, has 4 differences;

• lid thermometer
    • electric ignition
    • higher hood
    • Lighter overall weight

Q2000 is stellar value, but if and when they run out of stock the Q2200 is the next up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭howiya

Thanks. Was wondering what difference between two models was. I think woodies only have the 2000 but can get the 2200 in other places near me.

I asked Weber directly if the promotion is valid if used in conjunction with promo codes or discounts and this is the response I got.

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for getting in touch.

So no you are not able to mix promotions I'm afraid.

The promotions work independently from one another.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

Redemption website is pretty clear, IMO, and I've attached same.

The limitation is only on the Weber online store, so if a retailer chooses to sell this you you for a packet of magic beans, that's their prerogative, and you should still be able to claim the cashback as far as Weber are concerned.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Wondering about cash back being honoured based on the T&C too. Is there clear mention of a 50eur discount on your receipt or simply a cost price of 249euro only? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭ALS

I can confirm Woodies receipt makes no mention of discount

Post edited by ALS on

• Advertisement

FWIW I bit the bullet and ordered from Woodies for delivery - fingers crossed it gets here before the redemptions run down to zero. Here's what my receipt says:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭Kat1170

My reading of it is the only restrictions in relation to the deal are ones that are on the Webber site itself. Anything the shop offers in addition is separate 🤔

Ordered myself for collection, might be Friday evening or Saturday before I get it though. I'll keep an eye on redemption numbers and hopefully will be okay. Now to source gas, Uses 27mm Patio Gas regulator. Going try and source a Flowgas Gaslight bottle bit easier transport and see gas levels. Good excuse to pick up the gas burner for my Ooni Karu as it uses same gas. Starting a house extension so kitchen is going to be out of action for several weeks in another month or so will be handy to do more cooking outside.

Doing a bit of reading could swap the regulator and use normal propane cylinders which are cheaper and more widely stocked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

apply straight away using the email as receipt. No need to wait.

Tried already, you need serial numbers of the box.

I had stopped as it's looking for an image of a Serial Number and a Barcode from the actual product.

FWIW, I didn't pay anything close to retail for the E320 and there will be no issue on redemption AFAIK.

Post edited by ibFoxer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

I skipped on this bbq last year as reviews said it doesn’t get very hot, not hot enough to sear a steak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Thanks for the alert OP.

I've just collected from Woodies and uploaded the info for the cash back redemption. Says it could take 3-4 weeks to be paid out, assuming all is in order. If not in order (re the discount), I presume I will hear earlier than 3-4 weeks.

Will share updates as I get them, but my view is that the Woodies discount will have no impact.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Purchased online last night at €299.00 Just asked Woodies about the price drop and they will credit €50 back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement