Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wake Up Dead Man: A Knives Out Mystery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Oops! Duplicated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Glass Onion was a big step down from Knives Out for me. It was like it was too self aware that it was meant to be a quirky mystery when the mystery itself was just dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Very good summary. It was like the murder mystery became secondary. And it really fell flat when revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did the sequel do well for Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I thoroughly enjoyed both KO and Glass Onion but I’m somewhat puzzled by the absolute mega hype on this.

It’s good but is it THAT good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

While I partially agree, I really liked Glass Onion, and if anything while I think Knives Out is the better film I enjoy rewatching Glass Onion more. I think it was trying to not just be Knives Out in a new location, it better utilised the supporting cast and Blanc himself had more to do in this one whereas at times in KO it felt like he was too far ahead of everyone else and just felt like a passenger at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It remains a minor tragedy that Netflix of all companies is funding these films. Of course, I’m happy we’re getting more, and that those involved have been very generously compensated for it. But both Knives Out and Glass Onion were electric with a crowd. I was lucky enough to see both at sold out previews and the audience was giddy laughing along with the gags and twists / turns. They just play so well in a cinema atmosphere. Glass Onion’s theatrical run was cut tragically short by Netflix, and I’m not optimistic they’ll be any more reasonable with this one. But still, I’ll be doing my best to see this with a crowd again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A promising start to casting. Josh O’Connor is slam dunk casting at the moment - he’s given two of my favourite performances of the year, no question, in Challengers and La Chimera. And Spaeny was excellent in Priscilla - even held the film together at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd happily watch Knive's Out again but wouldn't be so quick to watch Glass Onion; and given this is also now a classic Netflix overspend I expect this film to be even more bloated and messy.

And Andrew Scott. Say what you will, Johnson can put together quite the casts for these things.
    https://variety.com/2024/film/news/andrew-scott-knives-out-3-cast-1236017343/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Scott's agent seems to be earning their crust of late. Man's popping up everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

KErry Washington and Glenn Close have now joined

Jeremy Renner has joined the cast, which is interesting considering "Jeremy Renner's Hot Sauce" featured in Glass Onion. Is he playing himself or will they just ignore that?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Greengrass53

Captain America, Hulk and now Hawkeye, bloody marvellous 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Filming starting today

Was absolutely not expecting that hair 😂

Wonder how fast something like this might get made. I do lament Netflix getting their grubby little protuberances on this property 'cos Knive's Out was so much more enjoyable in part because of the cinema experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Advertisement
Advertisement