Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former RTE Radio 2/2FM Presenters Now With Other Irish Radio Stations

Options
  • 24-05-2024 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭

With all the discussions about staff departures and changes to 2FM, this might be a good time to see where former 2FM (or Radio 2) presenters currently are - those still involved with Irish radio.

RTE Gold (an obvious one): Ronan Collins (he was with Radio 2 before Radio One), Will Leahy, Aidan Leonard, Dave Fanning, Michael Cahill, Michael McNamara/Micky Mac and Rick O'Shea.

Radio One: Ray Darcy

Lyric FM: Marty Whelan

Today FM: Ian Dempsey

Classic Hits Radio: Colm Hayes, Lucy Kennedy, Damian Farrelly, Ruth Scott, Gareth O'Callaghan, Phil Cawley and Enda Murphy (also with Sunshine 106.8)

iRadio: Mark McCabe (about to go to 98FM as well)

Dublins's Q102: Scott Williams, CEO (was with 2FM for short period between Millennium Radio and Capital Radio)

Wicklow's East Coast FM: Declan Meehan and Jim O'Neill

Wexford's South East Radio: Phil Cawley, Alan Corcoran and Dave Redmond

Charity Radio (online): John Clarke

Then there is the relayed shows by Ryan Turbridy (who used to be a presenter on 2FM) across most of the Wireless Group of stations: Q102, Cork's 96FM, Limerick's Live 95 and LMFM.

I got a lot, but I am sure I did not get them all. So, if you think of any more currently with other Irish stations…

Comments

Advertisement