Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Disclosure Car Insurance

Options
  • 23-05-2024 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My wife was a named driver on my Car Insurance, In 2021 my wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease aged 54 she appeared perfectly ok and when I renewed my Insurance in 2021 I neglected to mention her condition during the process. I hold my hands up however, it was in the middle of Covid-19 lock down and so on, no excuse I know I just wasn't thinking properly. Anyway in 2022 she was maneuvering into a parking space In a shopping centre when she lightly rubbed a parked vehicle no damage not even paint damage. To make the story short. There was a teenager in the vehicle at the time who, in 2024 is claiming injury against us. Statements were made to Gardai and CCTV footage recorded the inciden our Insurance company was not aware of the Medical condition up to now, will we end up paying the entire claim or have we any recourse. We had planed a Driver Assessment in 2021 but Covid-19 prevented it. We honestly weren't aware of any duty of disclose before the incident. Has anyone been in a similar situation.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭on_the_roots

Apart from the obvious disclosure thing, I wonder how sophisticated this chancer is. To take a note of your car reg only to make a claim against you nearly 2 years later for some health issue not related at all with the accident.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Your non disclosure is serious enough I'd say.

Advertisement